Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Again not particularly 40k related for tonight, but have spent the better part of an afternoon assembling this cabinet. For quite a while now have wanted to have a place to display minitures which is not the table. Now i have this display case in which to fill with minitures.

Curently have the models least used but are actually painted. The stompa, the two monster hunter dreads, Morkanaught and both dakka jets.

Any thoughts how does everyone else like to display their minitures?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Via TapaTalk

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Little bit more on the wazbom blastjet, starting to get the yellow going. This will probably be all on this model for tonight. In attempt to get my bother into the game, I'm doing a few test models namely gargoyles.

More to come.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Did a lttle bit of fiddling with the gargoyles tonight , inital worm on the first one is as follows; celestria grey on body and limbs, white scar over the top, a second coat of white scar and then a wash of 1:2 mechanicum standard grey into the recesses. Then the skin has an intial coat of celestria grey on it.

The second scheme is a bit of a experiment, its based on the same color palette as the yellow of da golden waaagh tau light oche and a few coats of yreil yellow.

Overall like the white one better but will need to see what my brother likes and if its a completely different scheme that he likes.

Any thoughts?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Little more work in the wazbom blastjet getting the shading started.

As well as my brother starting building some of his gargoles for the intal painting.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Little more minor progress with a little fiddling this morning. Getting the base colors working on the yellow and now black for metallics.

In other news my battlefoam order from a few weeks back is nearly here, went through Melbourne this morning.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Another minor update. Quite a large amount of foam arrived in the mail today my new acquisitions. The battlefoam order has arrived. Notably 2 carboard "stacker boxes"B certainly not as tough as the battle foam cases but useable around the home. And a cards against humanity carry case. As well as a lot of other foam.

The photos show the various different options that i now have.

New collection stacked next to the new display case.

First of the really needed stuff. Foam for my "kustom" boss and krew.

Pluck foam for the monstet hunter dreads.

More foam for boys (noticeably deeper to stop them getting mangled in transit)

The really deep foam for the soon to be coming, looted imperial knights.

The case and foam for the cards against humanity (and crabs adjust humidity)

My glorious collect of items to safely store my minitures. And the foam to carry them into battle. Really proably have spent too much on this little collection of storage, but as always when putting the work in i want them to arrive safely.

Does anyone have any coments what is your prefered transport option? Battlefoam, carboard box , tool chest or others?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Little bit more fiddling with the wazbom blastjet, getting work done on the metalics. As well as work on the cabling underneath the airbrakes for some extra detail. Coming up alright so far.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Small update after a few days of slackness (IE farming deadeye Yain gaurga and other monster hunter related stuff). Have basically finished the objectives to a level that I'm happy with. Better photos later.

In other news planning to repaint my old Aquilla Lander from the Battle for Maccrage set, to a higher standard and in the scheme of the forgeworld aquilla lander.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Little more on the aquilla lander, the first shot is a close up of one of the wings. Which shows the re-entry burns I'm attempting to paint.

Interesting point is the paint I've used is a khorne red, then multiple washes of Abbadon black firstly a 3:1(water:paint) for the shading and then 1:1 (water:paint) for the re-entry on the front side of the wing.

The second shows all of the current progress on this set of terrain. And as requested @Hellathos some more inprogress but nearing completion work.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Pretty much done with the aquilla lander, more detail is probably needed but for now the model is done.

Any thoughts.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Bit of work on some khromlech mega nobs.

Little bit more meganobz getting the base work on the colors, spent a majority of the time on the wiring. As shown by the images below.

More to come but done for this afternoons work.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
A little more work on the meganobs, getting the metalwork and brass coming along, along with making the start of the flesh, well the faces.

Another thing that I've been pondering in effort to make the wazbomb blastjet stand out from the other two planes I'm interested in making an armored cockpit for it. Apart from that gives me access to another seated ork for building the scrap trukk that I have. So any ideas?

am thinking along the lines of these "zombie" vehicle lots of mesh, plate, and steel in general.

Has any of you done this before any tips tricks ideas?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Little more on the mega nobs finishing of wiring and starting work on the weapons and battle damage.

Also a little fiddling with the other weapon arm that inwas missing. Using one of the old deffdread skorchas in the old scheme another hold over from the Deathskulls.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Basically done of the on the mega nobs. They are at a basic table top level, more can be done to tidy it up, mainly more battle damage and effects.

But for now that'll do for now, until i decide to do a little more.

Any thoughts? Probably just more work and breaking up the yellow a little more.

Also a shot of all 4 khromlech mega nobs, all ready for battle.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Little bit more work on the wazbomb blastjet, did a little fiddling and built up a form of amoured cockpit, insted of glass and pilot. Just little bit of plasicard and paint. Feel that its come up ok.

Apart from that making more progress on the battle damage

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Well the wazbomb blastjet is done!!! Came up quite nicely i think, nice a bright yellow and a lot of little details that I'm quite happy with.

Some particular details that I'm happy with are a spiral effecton the nose cone.

The other different this is the armored cockpit that I've made up of the original canopy with a little plasticard and painting to make the effect.

Any thoughts? comments?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Just a little fiddling with the yellow door for the ruins, trying a semi-non-metallic gold, don't think with current skill could even attempt nonmetallic metals, but heres a little fiddling trying to get a dark yellow with heavy application of "devlin mud"

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Little more work on the terrian, mainly finishing the gold (dark yellow) and begining to do work on the robed statues.

Along with general cleanups on on the majority of the model before whatever color I'll do for the stone, and swords.

On that comment any thoughts of what color to do the stonework?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Finally back with some more work, another character model.

This time its a mega armored mek as for a stand out feature (as well as the kff). I decided a heavy amount of blood effects on the front of the model, covered in visera of its foes.

Any thoughts? Is the blood too much?

Glad for my return with a tiny amount of progress?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Next little project to add to the backlog of distracting projects. Thinking of doing another display, this one is kind of a "battle of rorke's drift" the stereotypical elite troops defending against overwhelming force.

Interesting idea is to do a idea is to do the orks as the defender and some marines maybe even spacewolves attacking. This will be built off citadel wood with a small brick building in one corner, utilizing the new mold making tools.

More to come.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts