Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Little more work on the dread getting some of the colors and assembly started (pauldrons on the arms). Think that its coming up quite nice so far

Need to do some shading on the gold particularly on the sheild and the scale section on the lance but thats for tommorrow.

Don't know if these every couple of hours post are too spammy, but am enjoying keeping the updates current particularly now i can upload directly from my phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
I am liking the look of the lance and shield. Looking forward to it all assembled.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Well the dread is done. Nice and golden. Assembly didn't quite go as planned with the first, probably would need to assemble out of the box to have it sit 100% insted of the mess of superglue and wire.

Colors came up quite nicely i think, probably could do more work on the gold, but done for now.

Also have both of the dreads together to show how the both scale up

Any thoughts. How did you think it came up?

More to learned with the scultping side.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
The AnimOrks look pretty terrifying, I'm sure they'd have any sensible guardsman feeling extremely worried.

Yep, as my own recent abortive attempt at modelling showed me, it's definitely a skill that needs to be honed with much practice and learning!

Keep up the Orksome work, look forward to seeing the horde together in some shots!

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Can certainly get a shot together of them all. Not really much to show but might do that today.

But thanks. But you are right more practice is needed.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Not much to add, little burnt out after the basically every day on the nargacuga dread, since starting it (just over the weekend and last week really).

But little bit more work on one of the wagons which brings the count to one fully painted and two partially done with the yellow and primary weathering/shading on the yellow.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Certainly nothing much but my Imperial Knight renegade box arrived, so slowly putting them together with some more minor conversions similar to the looted wagons.

Also as this image shows I'm planning to near fully magnetize knights some parts such as arm joints won't need this but like the options this might give me such as the ability to pivot the torso.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I havth returned, peasents the waaaagh shalt rise again.

Now thats out of the way, too a bit of a break from the hobby and the forum (also didn't help that was find. by it difficult to get back into the forum with the password changes from a while back). But progress goes on!!!!

Now the image dump of whats new or changed in the golden waaaagh then some more ramblings as usual.

Little side project i started, when the interest into the orks was waning the heavist, began pondering picking up some gaurd namely Elysian drop troops, have been drawn back to might of the orks once more bit interesting little idea (also let to the purchase of my first Imperial armor books IA3 second edition and IA8)

Yet another distraction as a gift for father i repainted a remote control car into the scheme of his 1970 valient charger (model was a 2006 dodge challenger).

Next was some work on the trukk and battlewagon so at least they have thier base coats for battle.

Next are some of the boys, with the khromlech 'eavy armor all painted up for orange squad (two lots of photos because these were painted in two batches 11 then remaining 9).

Above is a collection of the first 11 from the orange squad with better photos for each, many do need some more touching up but are a table top standard for now.

Next little slog is finally removing the minitures from the "simple green" mixture and brushing away the paint. A calculation i made was that they have been in the fluid for 4 months, 30 days and 6 hours at time of removal (calculated by post made at same time as mixing), which certainly appears to have worked correctly and stripped nearly all of the paint from these models.

Another thing that i found interesting was when scrubbing paint off this deffkopta it almost made a cell shaded effect/dark borders which i think was an interesting effect i may try to emulate later.

And thats it the end of the dump, hope you enjoyed more later.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Back again with more work.

This is the next project in the theme of the monster hunter dreads, but in this case the plan is to convert my gorkanaught.

The idea for this is not based around the hunters but the fortresses that they use to fight the really big creatures (lao shan lung, shen goren as well as many of the eldar dragons) being both the battle quarters and fortress is itself.

Plan is to make the main body into the stone fortress, with the dragonators in the chest, one weapon will be the demolisher (from Mh4u) the other I have not decided as of yet.

The reference images are of the above weapons.

This is some later shots of work on the gorkanaught, getting a fair amount done with the green stuff work, firstly molding up the gaps in barrel of the guns, with a false welds and muzzle of the barrel.

The doors so far have some broken stonework effects, well as close i can think to make them, will have to wait for paint to know for sure if it works.

Any thoughts? Ideas so forth?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Via TapaTalk

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Little bit more, annoyingly with how I've done this i can't continue sculpting on the other side or on the other size of the claw arm. More work to come.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Have base coated the gorkanaught with a little black and dry fitted the model to see how it sits.

Also got the dragonators started, decided to do a little more orky a weapon, "I" beams with spikes.

Have got a cannon set up on the top along with fitting a KFF to the back for actual WSIWG for game uses.

Slowly by slowly its coming together more tomorrow.

Any thoughts?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Little more fiddling with the color of the stone work. The left most is a Citadel Base "Celestra Grey" over Citadel Base "Abaddon Black". The right is the same as first but a coat of "Dawn stone".

The right hand is certainly nicer shade and think that it will be a better base color for shading and detail work.

Any thoughts?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Little more work on the gorkanaught, getting more work done on the stonework, more on the metals (both copper and steel) and rust effects.

The rust particularly I'm happy with certainly not as excessive as previous attempts at rusty metal. And certainly different to the scheme of Da Golden Waaagh proper and not these other ork units.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The gorkanaught is done! Well enough for basic game ready coat.

As well as a photo of the three monster hunter units that I've got currently made

Any thoughts?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Thought to get some group shots, with no painting progress on the current models.

Currently painted in this collection:

●Warboss Mega armor (Klaw and Morningstar)

●Warboss 'Eavy Armor (Shoota and Big Choppa)

●Mad dok Grotsnik

●Big Mek (kff)

●Mega Nobs (3 Gw, 1b Khromlech)

●19 ork boys and nob (orange squad)

●19 ork boys and nob (teal squad)

●Dakka jets x2

●Looted Wagons x2

●Battlewagon

●Deffdreads x2 (Ravager Blade and Bable Spear)

●Gorkanaught (Demolisher, Dragonators and klaw)

●Stompa

More to come.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The next collection of things that are in progress for being painted some such as wagons, trukks, deffkopters and dreadnaught have got the basic coats.

In this collection have:

●Battlewagons x3
●12 Deffkoptas
●15 burnas
●10 tankbustas
●7 boys with big shootas
●60 boys (shootas and sluggas)
●12 lootas
●20 gretchin
●2 deffdreads

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Final part of the current progress update. The collection of nobs and whatnot.

●4 painboys
●3 big shootas (off battlewagons)
●3 mega nobs (khromlech)
●45 nobs

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Last of the last of the current progress updates (forgot about my unbuilt stuff in the cupboard).

●imperial knight renagade (2 knight titans+terrain in box)
●3 boxes of ork boys
●wazbom blastjet
●citadel wood
●Mörser Karl-Gerät (for conversion)

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Not much, but little progress and to try to keep myself honest (and motivated). Heres a little more some assembly progress on the next plane: the wazbom blastjet.

Thats the progress of yesterdays small effort.

And this is how it is now.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts