Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 193 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Holy shit this stuff is awesome. Takes me back to the days of 'Waaaagh the orks' and 'Ere We Go'. I read this and i get the giggles . This stuff is brilliant. No restraint and "lotz a tinkin like a Ork'. Stompalith. Very cool. I did not believe that tau vehicles could be orkified but you sir have achieved it. The emperork is a very nice model and does Ghazkull more than justice. I will again repeat what others have said. Lootas with an earthshaker. WAY COOL.
Rep + and i will come back and give you more. If this isn't repworthy then nothing is.

I am a personal fan of the blood axes as i played them in epic 19 years ago.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks!

Ya, I actually got a lot of inspiration from those old books. I liked how there were unique models for each clan, and I especially liked the Blood Axe nob in the commissar coat (the one who became Kommanda O'Sullivan in my army :p). I guess that's sort of the one model who inspired me to start an ork army, lol.

Anyway, I've finished the Emperork! Here he is:

My Warbosses just get bigger and bigger :grin:.

It seems that my orks have looted a lot of Ultramarines stuff, but oddly enough they've never actually faced an Ultramarines army in battle... Hm, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

With the Emperork done and the Stompalith well on its way, Da Deffwingz will be quite a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield! I think I'll make a Skullhamma sometime too.

Anyway, C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
lol No, the redcoat isn't a warboss. He's just there for a size comparison.

Well, I have now finished building the stompalith! Here it is:

Just so you know, that chainsaw arm isn't actually glued on yet (all the little wires are easier to paint if the arm isn't attached). It's just sitting there, so if it's in sort of an odd place that's why.

So now I have the regular stompa's body left over, so I think I'll just buy the arms, smokestacks, and feet on eBay for cheap and make a second stompa! Then I'll only be one away from a Stompa Mob...

Anyway, C&C are always appreciated, and there'll be more pics when it's painted.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Ok everyone, it's finished! Here's the Stompalith:

Da Kaptin with his trusty "Gaze O' Da Emperork"

And some of the grot repair krew:

Here are all my orky tanks so far:

They're so colourful...

With that I have about 4000 points of orks, so they've almost caught up to my guard army! Hm, I'm not sure what I'll make next for them though. Maybe a Fighta Bomba or another trukk of boyz.

Anyway, C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Thanks!

Ya, the monolith's colour scheme is my friend's, and I'm really not sure why he chose Dark-Angels Green.

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that I might make a Skullhamma. Well, after some searching on eBay I found a Baneblade at a good price, and a whole bunch of other bits (which I have yet to receive). So I've started on the Skullhamma, and here's what I have so far:

As I said, it's still missing a lot, like smokestacks, a kaptin, and a number of improvements to the main gun. I'll post more pics when it's completed though.

C&C are appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Thanks!

Well, I just primed the Skullhamma today, so you can expect painted pictures sometime soon. Here are a few pics of it before it was primed:

I've been told that I went a bit overkill on the smokestacks, but my response to that was that these are orks! There is no such thing as overkill, especially with something as orky as smokestacks!

C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Hm, yes, now that you mention it, those smokestacks jutting out from the side couldn't even possibly be used for anything... lol oh well, it's an ork vehicle!

Well, it took a little longer to paint than I had thought, but it's done now. Here's da Skullhamma "Behemoth" (original Imperial name, the orks just didn't bother changing it).

I thought I'd change things up a little and give Kommodore Sixteefor (The Kaptin) different shoulder pads this time. Just a pointless fact.

I also entered the Stompalith in a tank conversion contest for "Tanksgiving" and it won, so I got a tank of my choice as a prize! :shok: Not bad... that means that there's another trukkload o' boyz on the way. I also got a badge for extraordinarily bad dice rolling... about time someone recognizes my talent!

Anyway, another squad of 12 boyz and their trukk (a hellhound this time) are on their way. C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
165 Posts
This IS the coolest army ive ever seen!

That Earthshaker Lootas conversion, although simple, is the best conversion i've seen. Really gave me a good chuckle :grin:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I also entered the Stompalith in a tank conversion contest for "Tanksgiving" and it won, so I got a tank of my choice as a prize! :shok:
Congrats! Stompalith is in every way a prize winning piece, well deserved.

To be honest though i'd have just given you the new tank before the competition even started, just to see what you made with it :p

*looks forward to hellhound*

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks everyone!

Well, here's the newest addition to my orky armoured column:

I also made 10 shoota boyz, a nob, and a big shoota boy, but they aren't quite as interesting as their trukk. I'll have completed pics of them all up here soon, probably within the next couple weeks.

C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just been from start to finish and this is fantastic a lot opf pictures have been saved to my "damn that's good" folder.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks!

Well, small update today, but I finished the bases on that squad of orks. Here they are:

I also added a couple exhaust pipes to the side of the tank.

I am currently working on another KFF big mek (in case I ever need two. In reality, I just made him out of random bits I had...), and I have a fifth meganob and another WAAAGH! banner nob (for my next squad of nobs) primed and ready for painting as well.

C&C are always appreciated, and I'll be posting a full army pic whenever I get my Stompalith out of the GW display case. :laugh:

81 - 100 of 193 Posts