Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
stompalith....a monolith made stompa.....good idea(as usual)
P.S. id like to see another looted wagon, an eldar falcon on trakks and wheelz perhaps

·
Registered
35 Posts
P.P.S. I'd like to see a flying contraption of somesort. A leman russ with wings and propeller.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
woah.

The theme for your army is so strong throughout all of your units, and the execution is even better. As many have already said, it's just so damn ...orky :biggrin:

seconded for flying units!

·
Registered
122 Posts
All of these models are just awesome....but the earthshaker (eartshaka?) lootas take the cake. I keep cracking up every time I look at them and picturing how badly that would go for them in an actual battle. lol

Great job, man,

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks everyone!

Hm, a flying Leman Russ? That's possible, lol you never know, a Fighta Bomba might be somewhere in the Deffwingz' future! :biggrin:

Just a minor update here, but the Landraidork now has a deffrolla, and is therefore finally a true battlewagon!

As for the Stompalith... well, I have the Monolith I'll be using, and a Devilfish, and I just got a Stompa on eBay (25% savings, nice!), and I'll be getting a Rhino tomorrow. When I finally have everything I need, the project will begin!

Fer da Emperork! (Hm, another project perhaps? Ghazkhull? :p) C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm sorry, but do you mind if I umm... "borrow" the earthshaker loota's idea?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I'm sorry, but do you mind if I umm... "borrow" the earthshaker loota's idea?
It's a cool idea, but it's far too impractical to use in game.
You COULD however, cut the barrel in 3, front, back, and largest section the middle, and magnetise all the parts together :D
That way, you could use them in-game properly, and chuck the barrel on for lulz when you want.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Thanks!

lol ya, the Earthshaka is kind of hard to field sometimes just because it takes up so much space. Still, I always find some way of putting it where it's needed so it's really not so impractical that it can't be used.

If anyone wants to use any of my ideas, go right ahead. They wouldn't be up here if I didn't want anyone else to use them. :eek:k:

Anyway, I started my Stompalith yesterday, so here's where I'm at now:

I've got the main body pretty much done, I just have to position the devilfish a bit better (it's not glued on yet). There will also be an Ork Kaptin at the top, beside the ion-kannon Gaze of Mork (it'll be a Mek's Stompa eventually). The devilfish's drones will each have a Suppa Rokkit too.

The actual Stompa kit is still in the mail though, so I'll give it arms and legs when that arrives. C&C are appreciated!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The actual Stompa kit is still in the mail though, so I'll give it arms and legs when that arrives. C&C are appreciated!
It looks utterly rediculous, you are a genius :grin:

If i ever start another army it'll definitely be orks, and if they turn out even a tenth as good as this i'll be beaming.

wow mate, thats awsome, why not give it trakks for legs? would suit some massive baneblade sized trakks, to support all that weight.
I agree the tracks would be a sensible idea............but there is not much sensible going on with the rest of the army.

Also it wouldn't be very 'stompy' without feet :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks!

A minor update for the Stompalith today, I've added a few more things. It has shoulders now, and a belly-kannon in case I feel like ever using it as a Kustom Stompa instead of the Mek variety. Actually, I guess there are enough wires leading to it that it could still be called a "Power Shield Jenerata" when it is a Mek Stompa, so it seems to work out well :grin:. Here are some pics:

The Stompa kit still hasn't arrived though, so no arms/legs yet. I hope it arrives soon though, I'm running out of random tank halves to glue on! Tsk, if only I was rich I'd give it a pair of Chimeras for feet...

Anyway, C&C are always appreciated!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I love it when parts of it are still painted from their previous incarnation XD
lol ya, that Leman Russ Chassis was on my work bench for a while. It was only a matter of time before my orks found a use for it... :p

Well, the Stompa still hasn't come in, so the Stompalith doesn't look much different as of right now. Now that I've found the rules for the Kustom Stompa though, I've decided that that's what it's going to be. 970 points of pure looted orkyness! What was once the Gauss Flux Arc makes a good Deff Arsenal lol.

Anyway, I did get a venerable dreadnought from eBay, so here's what I made it into:

Yep, that's the Emperork! My counts-as Ghazkhull. It's about time my orks found themselves a special character :grin:.

I hope that Stompa arrives soon... C&C are appreciated!

·
Registered
857 Posts
My absolute favourite piece is the rhino with the wheels just fixed into the side of the hull... frigging brilliant!

61 - 80 of 193 Posts