Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just have a few questions on d10 rolling in Dark Heresy.

1:When rolling percentile, does a roll of a 0 count as a 0?
2: When rolling for other things (characteristic generation) does a 0 count as a 10?

This isnt covered in the rules.

Cheers.

Amoeba Bait

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think it would do. I've not played these rules specifically, but in other games there's usually a d10 for tens and d10 for units. The units die I guess would be classed as 1-10 if used on its own. I think it only changes when using a d10 as a tens die, , the 0 then becomes a 0 not a ten.

Hope this makes sense, I've just woken up and may not have thought it through.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
From previous experience in percentile systems, a roll with two d10s, where one is 'tens' and one is 'units' of '01' was a result of 1, and a '00' was a 100 result (the two dice give a result from 1-100, not 0-99). I don't know what convention DH uses, but this is the one used by several major rpgs in the past.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
From previous experience in percentile systems, a roll with two d10s, where one is 'tens' and one is 'units' of '01' was a result of 1, and a '00' was a 100 result (the two dice give a result from 1-100, not 0-99). I don't know what convention DH uses, but this is the one used by several major rpgs in the past.
What he said :) That's what I meant ;-)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yeah, it all depends on whether you're using two d10s from 1-0 (with 0 being ten) one d10 of the former and one dpercentile (10, 20, 30 etc) in combination, with the two digit die counting as the tens place, and the one digit die as the ones place (which i've found is generally the preferred combination) in which case, as mentioned above, trip zeroes is 100 but 001 is one.

If you use the former combination, its generally recommended to use a dice of two different colours so you can designate the tens place vs the ones place. i.e. the red d10 will represent the 10s place and the blue one the ones place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts