Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to using D weapons and in my club there has been a big swift move to FW and D weapons which is all good..but my questions is
when you score a 2-6 on the table..and score Penetrating hits..you get d3/d6 hull points but do you also roll of the vehicle damage table aswell?
becuase if d weapons are Ap1 i could blow the vehicle up? or immobilize it etc..im refering more to normal vehicles...
as it seems odd that a big hit can only wreck a vehicel not blow it up..im i stupid or just missing something?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im referring to PG75 BRB
"if a penetrating hit is scored you must roll on the vehicle damage table even if the vehicle losses sufficient Hull points to be wrecked as there is still a chance to explode"

so if a d wepaons hits then i must still roll on the vehicle damage chart..correct?

or have i just answered my own question

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I think you answered your first question, but as to the second: I think it's whether you're using a unit from Escalation or not. If it's some sort of Baneblade, then yeah, use the Escalation table. If it's an Imperial Knight or Eldar tricksiness, use the BRB table.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Soooo everything good then @fatmantis? Only reason my memory sparked onto the FAQs was because I was recently reading the Knights 'dex and noticed that it's pretty heavily redacted thanks to 7th edition lumping in and changing a lot of those previously 'codex only' rules (excluding FW/IA rules that I know nothing about). Seems like Death From the Skies, Escalation, Imperial Knights, and Stronghold Assault all have some crucial paragraph somewhere replaced by our current BRB.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soooo everything good then @fatmantis? Only reason my memory sparked onto the FAQs was because I was recently reading the Knights 'dex and noticed that it's pretty heavily redacted thanks to 7th edition lumping in and changing a lot of those previously 'codex only' rules (excluding FW/IA rules that I know nothing about). Seems like Death From the Skies, Escalation, Imperial Knights, and Stronghold Assault all have some crucial paragraph somewhere replaced by our current BRB.
yes it basically said to ignore the chart in the Escalation and to use the BRB..as with the knight codex.
its funny normally i go straight for the FAQ but i must have had a brain fart over this one.

Using the shadowsword for 6 games this weekend.. i cant see what the fuss over d weapons is all about..its not over powerd..i played and eldar player and he basically just shrouded/invisabled his guys and on average he was just taking the cover saves...over 6 games i think i only rolled 3 6's..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts