Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best models ever but the rules have not been updated for 2 codices now and I'm very interested to see a set. Does anyone know where there is a set of rules for him or have there own for him all I've got is the old rules.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks:eek:k:. I've got the old codex still but was hoping if there was something new if you hear of some more please let me know

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting dated now but still can be made into an awesome conversion if you are blessed in that skill, alas I'm not. Would love it if a new model came out though. I need new rules for him so I can add him to my army as a nice side plot character aginst my mate who is a mad dark angel fanatic. The whole Cypher issue has got myself and him into many a discussion about who he is, I've always thought he was Luther but the new codex crushed that, maybe he could even be the missing Primarch Lion el Jonson, any thoughts?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lion is locked up in the rock someone confirmed that in another topic its in a campaign booklet or something but someone would have to confirm that=]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They keep hinting that but they state that Luther is in the Rock so it is plausible that Lion can be roaming the galaxy, and as another thought Cypher is never stationary long and has no base but they say he is on his way toward Terra to save all the DA so he has to be a senior DA why not the lion himself seeking ultimate salvation from his father

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
My thoughts were that it could be Zahariel from Descent Of Angels. He's a little bit bitter towards the Lion at the end of that and he has got a passing connection with Luther. He has psyhic powers which have saved him in the most deadly situations (Caliban Lion anyone?) and that would explain Cypher's nasty habit of escaping from any prision. That and the name Cypher is purely a honorific.

I don't see the Lion as being Cypher. Cyper is never described as being of Primarch stature and the Lion was a head taller than any of the Dark Angels. My money is on Zahariel

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good point never thought of that. Still would be cool if it was a primarch in disguise but Zahariel makes a lot of sense, hopefully the next 2 books will elaborate more on this and give us a better insight. The question then becomes where did he get the Lion's broken sword from, and why is he heading to the emperor for salvation of all DA...and why are the DA and all the unforgiven out to stop him?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I would assume that Zahariel was with Luther when he and Lion had it out with each other and picked up the sword.

Why he's going to the Emporer I don't know. I don't think that even GW really knows the full story. And why are the DA trying to stop him? - because he's a tratior and gets trying to get close to the Emporer. That and he probably reminds everybody that the DA have a dirty past.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep all this talk is true, but could someone please post a pic of the model, I havent seen it. I dont think Cypher is the Lion the lion is in the rock.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep he sure is, but I think we have ascertained he is not Cypher and we now have a likely candidate for now.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this thread as I have been greatly enjoying the discussion!:biggrin:

·
Registered
466 Posts
its hinted in the DA dex that the lion is also locked away in the depths of the rock.
Yep along with Luther who is stricken with madness and only The Lions forgiveness will set him free.

As far as Zahariel being Cypher well this does match everything that has been written about him and does enhance the whole Cypher thing. And as far as the reason he is heading towards Terra well my money is on him wanting to finish the emperor off :grin: not that i'm against the emperor, i'm just a fan of the illuminati and the star child, GW should bring back this story and link it with cypher, would make excellent reading.

Warpath

1 - 20 of 24 Posts