Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My FLGS is starting an ascension league, and I'm trying to figure out how to best cut down my 1500 pt Daemon army list to 500 pts to start the league with. I'd be willing to purchase a couple more units if I need to to fit the 500 pt army theme best, but I don't want to completely start anew. What I'm working with currently is:

HQ: (545 points)
Herald of Tzeentch - Exalted Locus, Psyker 2, Exalted Reward
Herald of Khorne - Juggernaut, Greater reward
Kairos Fateweaver

Elites: (420 points)
5x Beast of Nurgle
3x Bloodcrushers of Khorne - icon, bloodhunter

Troops: (525 points)
20x Daemonettes of Slaanesh - instrument of chaos, alluress
20x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - iridescent horror, instrument of chaos
10x Plaguebearers of Nurgle - plagueridden, instrument of chaos

Let me know what you think would work best

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding! I'm pretty new to 40k in general, so some of the unit's meshing and what not is still a mystery to me. So, something like this would be good, you think?

HQ: 100 pts
Herald of Khorne - Juggernaut

Troops: 315 pts
20x Daemonette's of Slaanesh - Instrument of Chaos, Alluress
10x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - Iridescent Horror, Instrument of Chaos

Fast Attack: 80 pts
5x Flesh Hounds of Khorne

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd personally rather have an 11th horror over the instrument on it, gives you an extra warp charge, 11 horrors take summoning, and summon another unit of horrors, this time actually rolling on malefic, going this route you might want to take an Icon for shorter scatters

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
20x Daemonette's of Slaanesh - Instrument of Chaos, Alluress
10x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch - Iridescent Horror, Instrument of Chaos
Like Nicanthrope says, 11 Horrors for the extra warp charge would probably be better. An in the same vein, I'd probably drop the Instrument from the Daemonettes in favor of a Lesser Reward on the Alluress, for an Etherblade. Perhaps even 1 Daemonette to boot, to make that a Greater Etherblade--I think you'll see better results with S4 than S2, for all that it's WS5, I5, master-crafted and AP2; that's the main point of failure there.

Possibly drop another daemonette to give the Herald of Khorne a lesser etherblade to boot. He already has decent strength and furious charge, so giving him AP2 rather than AP-, plus a master-crafting, will boost his damage output considerably.

Hmm, not much in terms of anti-tank, though I dunno how many tanks you'll run into at 500. You could probably wreck transports with the hounds and herald, if need be, I suppose...

As the league grows to 750-ish points, or whatever the next jump up is, I'd consider getting some more hounds and then some Screamers--their anti-tank capabilities are pretty damn cool.

1500 feels like the least number of points I'd want to field Fateweaver in, for all that I love him to death, since he costs soooooo many points for having A1 at WS1 and I2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts