Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have recently got back into 40k and familiarising myself with the new SM codex and 5th edition rulebook.

Question 1:

It appears from first glance special characters from the SM codex are not restricted to a particular chapter, is this correct? Could I for example use the Sicarius rules but paint him as belonging to another chapter (in my case Imperial Fists) with a different name?

Question 2:

Whilst on the subject, is it permitted to have say Brother-Sergeant Chronus as himself and painted as an Ultramarine included in a standard mission Imperial Fists army?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
1. Yes, absolutely
2. Sure

The SM codex now encourages you to mix and match characters from chapters using counts-as rules. Knock yourself out. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Question 1:

It appears from first glance special characters from the SM codex are not restricted to a particular chapter, is this correct? Could I for example use the Sicarius rules but paint him as belonging to another chapter (in my case Imperial Fists) with a different name?
Sure, you can call him Pukarius or whatever. As long as your opponent knows he counts as Sicarius you're good.

Question 2:

Whilst on the subject, is it permitted to have say Brother-Sergeant Chronus as himself and painted as an Ultramarine included in a standard mission Imperial Fists army?
Are you asking if you can take Brother-Sergeant Chronus, and someone who counts as Chronus? Two copies of the same character? You can't do that, unless Chronus is a non-unique upgrade.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you asking if you can take Brother-Sergeant Chronus, and someone who counts as Chronus? Two copies of the same character? You can't do that, unless Chronus is a non-unique upgrade.
Just the one. I'm asking can I field Chronus as Chronus the Ultramarine in a standard mission Imperial Fists army ie. painted blue not yellow.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts