Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I was wondering is it legal or 'allowed' to convert normal tactical marines into Sternguard Veterans? Because I don't see a difference other than the positions and a few extra scopes or bitz.

So i want to know whether it is aloowed, and if so would you allow it?

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Of course. Just make very clear what they are to your opponent and convert them up to be distinguishable from normal Tac Marines.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks folks, no more answers needed

·
Registered
736 Posts
Shas,

I have recently been modeling and converting like mad myself to do this for sternguard vets myself.

I am using DA vet bodies that are robed for my command squad and using the black templars upgrade parts with tabards for my honor guards. I will continue to use the same theme for the sternguards as well.

What the sternguard metal figures are great for are sgt figures as they really stand out as normal tactical sgts.

As other posters have said, its all about showing the difference between the figures more than anything else. If your plaing SM remember this can be as easy as doing a helmet a different color. Ultramarine Sternguard are fine as normal marines.... as long as they have white helmets as opposed to tactical blue ones. (of course you would want them to have more symbols or perhaps Termie honors and stuff on them or different style armors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts