Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back i made a custom Eldar character based on a 80+ page story i wrote. The name of the story was The Chalice of Time, and it was about an ancient chalice that would give the imbiber control over the flow of time.
The character was Faroth, a Dire Avenger exarch that won the favour of Farseer Aurora, who chose him as her personal guard after he saved her life. She gave him an ancient suit of armor constructed with materials and knowledge long lost to the eldar people, but her family had kept one intact for millenia. It was called the Conqueror and bestowed enhanced strength and stamina to the wearer. Faroth and Aurora's ship was attacked and disabled by dark eldar pirates, and Faroth and Aurora were taken back to Commorragh (not sure how thats spelled). There, Faroth is tortured for three years before Aurora's psychic plea is heard by a passing ship, the Klamath. Fuegan is aboard the ship, and is displaced into Commorragh through psychic methods to rescue Aurora and her guard. Faroth, in the meantime, had escaped his bonds and killed his torturer, as well as many other dark eldar and fought his way to Aurora's cell, where Fuegen stepped into the materium through the webway. Fuegen, Faroth, and Aurora fight their way through choked corridors to a psychicly charged room, and are displaced back onto the Klamath.
Faroth, mentally scarred by his years of torture, is no longer the same eldar he was before the attack, and Aurora tries to remedy his condition. During a meeting with the ship's captain, Aurora convinces him to travel through the webway to terra, where the Chalice has been hidden for untold millennia.
Meanwhile, a Dark Angel sergeant named Gaius Deisel is disgraced by letting one of the Fallen escape. He is exiled from the chapter by Azreal himself, but he has a purpose. Azreal made a deal with an Inquistor named Oron Grysbar; in exchange for Deisel, the Inquisitor would ensure that the Dark Angels went without Inquisitorial hampering. Deisel is transported to terra on Grysbar's ship.
Aurora enters Sol and negotiates psychicly with Inquisitor Grysbar, who aggrees to hand the Chalice over to the eldar, so long as they take Deisel with them. Aurora accepts, and Deisel is transported to the Klamath carrying a small black case that contains the Chalice.

That was as far as i got in 80 or so pages, but i had a storyline all planned out;
Aurora, Faroth, and Deisel would enter the Eye of Terror and land on a planet that could destroy the Chalice. En route, their ship is attacked and Aurora is captured. Deisel and Faroth set out to save her, but realize that destroying the Chalice more important. Deisel goes off to save Aurora, while Faroth destroys the Chalice. Deisel is gunned down in his attempt to save Aurora, and Aurora is executed after the Slaanesh deamon prince learns that the Chalice has been destroyed. When he destroyed the Chalice, a piece of it entered Faroth's wrist and fused with his circulatory system, giving him perputual control over the flow of time.
Faroth uses all of his psychic energy to reverse time and save Deisel and Aurora, and finally battles the deamon prince.

Faroth...275pts
WS:6 BS:6 S:4 T:4 W:3 I:6 A:3 Ld:10 Sv:2+
Wargear:
Linear Rifle
18" 5 3 Assault 2
Faroth's Diresword
Faroth's friend Amelos, a Warp Spider, gave his life to save Faroth. Faroth keeps his soulgem in the hilt of his Diresword. it is a power weapon that wounds on 3+, regardless of the enemy's toughness.
Conqueror Armor
The Conqueror is an incredibly ancient armor set that gives immense protection to the wearer without hindering his mobilty. It conferes a 2+ save to the wearer, as well as 1S and 1T.
The Chalice Fragment
A piece of the Chalice has fused with Faroth's bloodstream. If Faroth should loose all 3 of his wounds, roll a die. on 4+, Faroth comes back with all 1 wound. If Faroth died in melee combat and the enemy did not consolidate away from him, Faroth strikes with initiative 1 unless he is able to charge the enemy first.

Well there you have it. Any comments or questions...or flames (im used to it with this character) are welcome.:so_happy:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
he's really cool i like that alot.

the story is good and maybe not terra would be the best plasce for the Chalice how about a different place or another plant? or maybe have someone slanssh (can't spell) champion have it and they have to get it from him with Deisel's help? like he is also trying to destroy it for some reason.

the only thing i didn't get is "If Faroth died in melee combat and the enemy did not consolidate away from him, Faroth strikes with initiative 1 unless he is able to charge the enemy first." can you explain that to me a bit more?

good job well that's what i think

now about your model dude, i don't see anything wrong with this

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually my idea was for the chalice to be kept inside the Golden Throne, but i wrote this story a while ago and in my wiser age i realized even an Inquisitor probably wouldnt be able to remove something from the Golden Throne. Your ideas are certainly interesting, though; ill see if i can work with them...but first i have to find the original story first lol
ill put up a pic of the model if i can

·
Registered
811 Posts
rather than giving him a we'll be back roll, perhaps consider chaplain grimauldus's special ability from the Black templars

if and when he looses his last wound, he may make a leadership test, if he passes he gets one extra wound and must pass a leadership test each round thereafter to stay alive, if he loses this last wound he dies.

having a special character that isn't a necron that can just keep getting up seems pretty unbalanced to me. otherwise I think he's cool.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Well, there's Saint Celestine. If you kill her, and she passes her Leadership, she is alive. With all her wounds. And she can do this over and over.

-Dirge

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thats more like a phoenix lord! Basicaly it's a shooty and fighty character with no flaws. Also the character goes to Commoragh(!!!) then to Terra(!!!) then to EOT(!!!) then reverses time(!!!) and battles a Demon prince and wins(???). Thats a bit too much excitement for anyone short of the Emperor. Basicaly it's just another cookie cutter DIY uber pwnage machine. No offence just my opinion.

Also, I might be called a fluff nazi but an exiled Dark angel (DA are far too secretive to have an unforgiven version of Uriel Ventris running around) that despite being a Dark Angel(thats the most xenophobic chapter out there) befriends eldar, Inquisitor influential enough to allow xenos run all over Terra just seems too unlikely.
Not trying to be rude, but I prefer a (much!) more conservative view of 40k...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts