Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i don't think this has been posted yet, so here goes:

Scibor's Monsterous Miniatures has just released the next of their Space Marine upgrade packs (which Forge World are only just starting to catching up with), which includes helmet suitable for all those Adeptus Custodes that you've been longing to do! link

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Not a fan to be honest. Still look okay though, just not anything I'd use.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I did not really like those... They did not really look like custode helmets, and what the heck would someone do with those?

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Not sure I like them either, but the main criticism seems to be Scibor's moudling techniques again, they look like you would spend an age filing them back into shape once removed from the sprues.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yeah.. these are pretty 'Meh'. Not very well designed, and as said, you'd have to spend a load of time getting rid of the vent before you could put it on anything. Then, as said, what would you put it on? It wouldn't match to much.

They almost look more eldar then marine to me.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Yeah.. these are pretty 'Meh'. Not very well designed, and as said, you'd have to spend a load of time getting rid of the vent before you could put it on anything. Then, as said, what would you put it on? It wouldn't match to much.

They almost look more eldar then marine to me.
good point! might look better on a guardian body, but if they were designed with marines in mind they will likely be over sized to fit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
They DO remind me of the more "bling"-ish Elves from Fantasy, like the White Lions. In 40k? Ehhh... Maybe find some way of attaching them to Grey Knight bodies? But geez, that would be a Hellish conversion...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Not very appealing, plus yet again stupid huge vents to remove. plus why only the heads? what about the rest of the model?
I'm with you here, tall helmets do not a custodes make.

Robes and the spear things would also be required.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
These do look like custodes helms, same basic shape and iconography. I don't think these would look good on eldar because they would look like bobbleheads and they would have the wrong iconography.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I can't say I'm a fan of these.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Yeah... And I am saying they don't do either, look or fit.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
yup, I thought HE spearmen when I saw them

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I like them. They'd be a pain in the arse to actually attach properly and to actually make a good looking Custodes army you'd also need more (ie. Bodies, weapons etc) but I do like how they look. World look much better on High Elves as previously mentioned.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
They look allot like I remember the old artwork depictions of their Helmets. They look like High Elf helms in the pictures also. Up until now most conversions I've seen have used HE head.

As for the bitching about the way they're attached to the sprues and the difficulties of cleaning them up, parhaps they're meant for modelers who don't mind taking a little bit of time, effort and patients to get a truely unique model. Just saying, working with resin is a modeling skill all it's own and if you don't like it or don't have the skills to work with, maybe these weren't meant for you. Just my opinions.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts