Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Codex: Armageddon still have the most up to date rules for the Salamanders space marines? If not, where can I find them?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I think the most up to date rules would be the 'Traits' options for them in the current Space Marine codex. Not sure though you would have to check but that sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, okay. Do you know if the ones from Armageddon are still legal? I really like those Predator Heavy Flamer sponsons...

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'm not entirely sure, from what point do you mean legal?, are we talking Club legal or GT legal or just freindly round at a mates legal?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just mean, legal from a sense of 'It's in the dex, so I can use it'

I would probably never use this army at anything bigger than a game at a friend's house. I don't do tournaments, so that's not a problem. I just really like the fluff for them, and think the armageddon rules do a better job of conveying it than the one-liner in the new dex.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I think as long as you tell the person you are playing against that its from the Armaggedon Codex it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Campaign Codex's like that are a bit of a grey area when the Campaign finishs, I know that GT's don't allow most of them but if its just around mates I personally wouldn't have a problem.

·
Banned
801 Posts
It's not legal at all. It was designed for an older codex, and an older edition of the game. The 'update' that brought it into 4th was never meant to be used as a proper rules source, just as a means of tiding over the players whose armies could not be represented by the new releases. Salamanders can, and particularly well at that.

Given that your reason for using older rules is simply that you prefer the rules in the older codex will not get you anywhere. Even if you aren't, it smacks of high-order powergaming.

·