Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Here are the pics so everyone can get a better look.

Let me start by saying that you have a nice color scheme. The cultist look like they were part of an actual army and not just a group of crazed villagers wearing whatever scraps they found in a dumpster. I like the axe, it looks like a 'power' weapon.

There is however, room for improvement. First thing is a tip. You should always paint the plastic base brown FIRST before gluing the sand. Especially if you're not going to paint the sand.

I think the skin is super dark, specially against the primary black color palette. You should consider giving them a lighter skin tone.

I would say that your models then to look flat. If you're going to use black as a primary color, you're going to have to edge highlight them.

It think that a little more time spent on them will make a big difference.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Definitely an interesting colour scheme, but they really need some shading and highlighting. A simple wash would help a lot.

Your colours are strong and you've done a really nice job on the detail work - your brush control seems really good, so with a little more time spent i think you could make a massive improvement on these. The axe is great, so i'd love to see the rest of the squad at the same level.

If you haven't already then check out the tutorials section, there's loads of good stuff in there to help your painting.

Good luck with your tournament :victory:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts