Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im using some AoS bloodreavers as cultists for my khorne army... now their base size is slightly larger than the 40k cultist models, would this be an issue? Can I use the bloodreavers on the bases that came included with them or do I need to order some of the smaller sized bases?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, it's perfectly fine to have models on larger bases than the ones they come with but not smaller ones.

So you should be fine

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I honestly have trouble seeing someone take issue with cultists anyway... after all, cannon fodder! Larger bases makes it harder to hide them on objectives, as well...

And yes, I have plans to do the exact same thing as you and drop these guys straight in to my cultist squads.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Personally I would say it depends on the game you play:

AoS: No issues as base sizes doesn't matter in the current state of the game.
40k: I would have issue as the base sizes means more, in terms of spread, board control, how many can be in close combat and how many you can hit with templates.

Of course it depends on your opponent in the end, but base sizes does matter in 40k.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yea it's a tricky one. Personally I think I'd only take issue with it if I suspected the opponent of using larger bases for an advantage. If it's a small unit of cultists sitting at the back of the table on an objective I wouldn't think twice about it, but it might leave a bad taste if it's a large blob taking up more space than they should- not letting me run past to charge better targets, bubble wrapping vehicles etc.

In the case of models that come with larger bases already (those AoS Khorne guys) I'd be more lenient, but if I were planning to use them in competitive events myself I'd probably buy smaller bases for them so I don't have to worry about creating a bad feeling

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
When the Blood Angels were released on 32mm bases for the Shield of Baal Campaign, didn't games workshop essentially say 'bases should be suitable to display the model best'?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts