Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an upper limit on the number of shots from the animus speculum? I know most games workshop stats stop at ten but in a game recently i had mine in range of 3 justicars and a full warlock @ farseer squad which would have given me 15 shots if my opponent hadn't cried like a baby.so clarification would help as on the weekend i'm using him again in apoc game against eldar and will face at least 2 seer councils.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
No. There is no upper limit to the number of shots from the Animus on the Culexus. You should have gotten the full 15 shots against that little cry baby. There have been alot of discussions about the stats. The general idea is that WS/BS/S/T/I/LD all stop at 10 and there is no way to go above this but Attacks is allowed to go above as there are things that add to the stat without actually adding to it. Additional close combat weapons dont make the stat higher they just +1 attack during combat. With the Animus its the same; for each psycker in range you get +1 shot.

But the biggest reason the Animus is not limited to this.. The Animus is not based upon your Attack stat. Its shots are RANGED shooting shots it is not based upon any of your stats.

So again if you can get any game where your facing millions of psyckers.. roll with the Culexes and try to get millions of shots. Remeber the Culexes is a psycker ASSASSIN.. hes meant to kill psyckers just like a warlock farseer squad.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I agree with the bonus attacks being a +1 but if you look in the BBB it does say that the max number you can get on a stat (including A) is 10 and no were does it say that with bonuses (such as a STR 5 guy with a power fist and somehow gets +1 str) can go above 10. If so please point out the page because I would like to reread it but with the RAW you can only go to 10. I know you will point out in White Drawfs they say 15 attacks on guys and crap like that but I think they are misplaying the rules.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The stat's not on the model, though. 'A' would be CC attacks. The stat's on the gun. Is there a restriction saying a gun can't be Assault 15? That's not one of the basic stats that has the 10 restriction.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Nope there is no rule like that, actually I think so guns on superheavy vehicles are heavy 15.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If 10 is the cap for any stat, then GW has made MANY illegal vehicles with the apocalypse rules. The max=10 is only for your models stat line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts