Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I plan to run this list against a friend's 'nids. I figure as much as I hate lash, I hate termigaunts more and hopefully I can throw them back away from my units. If he uses nid'zilla though I might be boned. This will be a friendly 1000 point match vs nids, I just hope I have the right idea.

Prince - 155pts
Wings, MoS, Lash

Chosen(5) - 115pts
5 Flamers

Chosen (5) - 115pts
5 Flamers

Chaos Dreadnought- 110pts
Plasma Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Chaos Space Marines - 235 points
Champ, Pfist, x2 Flamers, Rhino

Chaos Space Marines - 270 points
Champ, Pfist, x2 Plasma, Rhino, Havoc Launcher

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
You really do make lists like a... a ..idk, a Whore who's allergic to latex, makes Babies.

You should be careful with MCs, You will deal with Gants well; With the mass flamers; But With only 2 Powerfists you're going to be Pile-Driven by a Trygon or Carnifex.

Your Dreadnought will lose 1v1 with one of those MCs due to lower I so be wary and keep it out of the way of EVERYTHING except the Thing your Plasma-Spamming.

I think if your careful, and play well; You could do fine; But you may want to swap out a Squad of CSM (the flamer squad) or The a Chosen for something that could deal with MCs (Obliterators for example)
Just play safe, and basically just do what you planned on doing; And set some shit on fire.

Fire is cool.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I don't want to deal with a hive tyrant nor trygon prime. I was thinking of dropping one of the chosen squads for an oblit, but idk how one oblit would do me much good at this time. I think more plasma or perhaps some lascannon awesomeness would do me good. I think dropping the dread and one chosen squad for some havocs with lascannons but idk yet

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yeah, Plasma is OK for killing MCs

but the annoying (Yet freaking awesome) thing about 'Nids, Is for 1000 points, You can run your 2 troop choices, for like 200 points max (Giving yourself a generous amount of Gaunts), Leaving you 800 points to spam MCs..

Literally like Hive Tyrant with a Shit load of gargoyles and a trygon.

So Prepare for that. :laugh:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Defilers are amazing against Tyranids. Just enough Str and AP to one-shot Warriors, and even enough to make Hive Guard and Tyrand Guard really feel the pain, not to mention it's obvious anti-swarm applications.

And while they're expensive, vs nids is actually where I first fell in love with my fully decked out noise marines. All those shots, a Str 8 AP 3 blast gun, and enough initiative to swing at the same time as or before anything except genestealers and hormagaunts with furious charge. Good times. I usually play in 2000+ point games, and these guys are my second biggest killers against nids every time.

My top killer would be my pair of Nurgle's Rot Princes. Most of the time I send those two at his Gaunts and can pretty much consider them dealt with, while my Defilers and Noise Marines shoot up his Tyrants, Hive Guards and Zoanthropes. The Trygons I still have some issues with, but I'm working on a solution to that....

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could drop the dread and a group of chosen for a 5-7 man squad of havocs with 4 missle launchers.

Shoot Krak at the MCs then Frag at the guants

Could use the left over points for a rhino (chosen or havocs (LOS blocking) and upgrades

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
a couple of ideas...

1) dreads with 2 DCCWs, run those against the swarms - they stay locked in CC against something they cant kill/hurt

2) defilers with 4 DCCWs, same principle more expensive but with a big pieplate

3) Noise marines - NMs have 1 job, fire power, a ten man squad with 9 sonic blasters, champ w/doom siren & PW, & a blastmaster does cost a hefty penny & being a 1k game your not gonna have many - but guants & MCs wont want to within firing range....lots of dice = more 6s

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
thus far, Fallen has the best idea. tie up swarm units with armor. i wouldn't use defilers, TBH the Plasma Cannon and HF is a great combo, or you could go with ML for a change in the munitions and to keep your Dreads cheap.

the krak missile option will be excellent against 'Nids as you can instant kill Warriors (buggers have 3 wounds apiece) and you get past most 'Nid armor saves, unless your opponent takes the Armoured Shell (2+ save) biomorph, but that's bleeding expensive at 2K.

TBH, 2 Dreads and a melta Chosen squad may be your best option, though it does not leave you with the ability to fully take on MCs. i would also recommend flamer Havocs for making short work for hordes.

for good anti-MC option, i recommend ML spam. it's that easy.

good hunting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts