Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting annoying now, played my friend casually 4 times, he has eldar, i have csm.

1500 pts each.

He destorys me everytime, because he just walks his avatar down the middle of the map, meaning if i go for it, his other units just go unharmed, or if i ignore it i get ripped apart by WS 7.

What can i do :S

My army list:

HQ
- Daemon Prince - wings, mark of nurgle, warp time - 205pts
- Terminator Lord - terminator armour, daemon weapon, mark of khorne - 170

Troop Choices
-8 Khorne Berserkers - skull champion w/ power fist - Dedicated Rhino - 243pts
-7 plague marines - Plague champion w/ power fist - Dedicated rhino - 2 melta guns - 256 pts

Heavy support
-Defiler - havoc launcher - 155
-2 obliterators - 150

Elites
-5 terminators - 1 w/ powerfist + Heavy Flamer - 165pts

Fast Attack
-4 Chaos Bikers - inc. Biker Champion w/ Plasma Pistol - 162pts

total 1476

Any ideas? :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
For general purposes: Drop the Champ from yuor bikers and add some special weapons. Get a Chainfist for your Termie squad, and maybe a few combi-weapons.

As for the enemy Avatar, what do you mean if you go for it, the rest of his army goes unharmed? I mean, you're not focussing your entire force on this one avatar, are you? The last time I faced ol' Tall, Red, 'n' Angry, I stayed away from him and shot 'im. At one point, he engaged a unit of Berzerkers and fell to a power fist. (Also, it was WS 10, not 7)

What else does he have in his force? That's going to affect your army more than a single model.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Drop the Defiler in order to get 2 more Obliterators and you should be able to kill one (if not both) wraithlord before they reach you.

I assume the Farseer is following the Avatar and casting Fortune on him (otherwise you'd have no issues killing him with ranged weapons), and if that's the case then just shoot the Farseer instead - he can't fortune 2 units.

I'd drop the bikers entirely, to be honest, and buy something better with the points (like a 10 man marine squad). Also consider giving your Lord the Mark of Nurgle instead - making all of his attacks poisoned.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You've already got the start of Chaos cheese. So just carry on down that route.

Make the Prince a Lash Prince instead. Just throw the Avatar back every so often, don't even bother shooting it. Kill the Farseer instead in CC.

Wraithlords and the Avatar are slooooow! so just keep away from them until the time is right. Just wipe out his guardians and hold objectives.

Get some more Plague marines, maybe swap teh meltas to plasma to actually harm the avatar.

·
Registered
575 Posts
everyone makes good points. i've never actually played eldar so i don't know why i'm commenting at all except to learn myself. I would drop the defiler and bikers. CSM bikers never seemed that great to me. Get the extra oblits. Add more zerkers. Maybe get a land raider for your termies and lord. Use the last 24 of your 1500 points as well.

woog out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts