Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1250 Point Semi Friendly list. Its pretty straight forward.

Daemon Prince - 155pts
Wings, MoS, Lash

Dreadnought - 105 pts
Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Dreadnought - 105 pts
Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

CSM Squad - 270 pts
Champ, Pfist, Combi-melta, x2 Melta, Rhino EA

CSM Squad - 275 pts
Champ, Pfist, Twin-Linked bolter x2 Plasma, Rhino EA

Zerker Squad - 263pts
Champ, Pfist, Personal Icon, Rhino Ea

1 Oblit - 75pts

Ds the oblit off the zerkers obviously. I think This list will be fun to say the least.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The list looks decent, but you'll need to keep the Daemon Prince in cover as much as possible. Personally I'd swap him out for a lash sorcerer to ride with the berserkers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
oh sorry COmbi-plasma costs ten points sorry. Fixed in orginal post.

also at the current date I only have 2 oblits in my model pool. So I think running just one in this list is fine. I can lash units close enough to the dreads for them to do their job right even with frenzy. Idk I love Dreads and in my recent exp, most players expect dual lash 3x3 oblit lists or else something close to it. I like Lash with Dreads and defilers. but at the 1250 point level it doesn't happen for me. in a 1500 point match it could work.

something like
Sorcerer 125pts
Mos Lash

Dread -100
Multi melta

Dread -100
Multi melta

Dread -100
Multi melta

Zerkers -258pts
Champ Pfist Rhino EA

Zerkers -258pts
Champ Pfist Rhino EA

Zerkers -258pts
Champ Pfist Rhino EA

Defiler 150pts
3 dccw, Reaper

2 oblits - 150pts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Drop the dreadnoughts.

When are you going to learn that they are shit, lol.

300Points can be spent SO MUCH BETTER.

Don't take a single defiler, too much of a big target- Don't take anything but 4x DCCW, Your going to fire your battle-cannon once a turn until your dead, so why would you take the reaper.

SO if you take all those down, you have another 450 points to spend on giving yourself some supporting fire power, Or atleast something to make your Lone Lash prince useful, else he's a waste aswell.

·
4,491 Posts
Drop the dreadnoughts.

When are you going to learn that they are shit, lol.

300Points can be spent SO MUCH BETTER.
I dont think that is the point though.
Its a friendly list, not a WAAC list.

Sure, Dreads dont really belong in a tournament list, but there is no reason why they cant be used in a friendly list.

Taking them out would take away the whole theme of the list, and he obviously likes Dreads so i say good on him for taking on the challenge. :victory:

I think its better to give him advise to help use the units that HE wants to use in an effective way, rather than saying "take out most of your list and replace it with Lash/Oblits/PMs/KBs".

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Right ok, I spose everyone already knows the cliche advice.

So for dreadnoughts... Your going to have to face up to the fact that they're dangerous, and while it's just as amusing as Khârn's flaw, the dreadnought flaw can REALLY fuck with your plans.

Best way to safely run them is with a Missile Launcher arm, so that if and when the flaw kicks in, you can just frag something, rather than lascannon/Multi-melta on the side of your Rhinos.

Either that, or have them absolutely nowhere near anything, X], so that they physically cannot reach anything. Now this is unlikely. SO your best option is to ML them.

The problem with 3, is i don't think 300 points spent on ML dreads is really what you want, It's not fun when your sat there praying not getting a 1, on 3 rolls...

And imagine if you got 3 1s on your MM dreads. You'd lose 3 Rhino's, or worse. And for that risk i don't think they're fun.

Defilers are fun, So are vindicators and spam Oblit lists, But dreadnoughts are just too risky.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually run the 3 dreads next to one another. They are closer to themselves than to anything else. I then lash enemy units as close as possible to my dreadnoughts. I find that MM dreads with HF are versitile enough to kill infantry and armor. WHen you've got 3 dreads and a defiler on the field it forces my enemy to choose what to shoot. I've tried different load outs on the Dreads, but I liek them nice and cheap. 2ccw or MM or ML dreads = low enough points. I've had better gaming with the three insane dudes than with oblits(proxied for a 3x3 dual lash test game) and my on the table oblits died first turn, and then the rest never popped in from reserve.

The dreads screen well for my Defiler and 3 dreads and one defiler advancing up the field scares many different armies. Sure some times the dreads shoot each other big whoop. Thats part of the game.

I always run an auxillery gun on my defiler just in case that one weapon Destoryed roll blows of the battle cannon. Then I can atleast shoot something if I'm not locked in combat. I can move forward 6, shoot, and then move fleet assault the next turn. We play many of our games on a 6x8 table if not bigger. Even with small armies big tables make it fun(unless some ass hole brings 9 basilisks).

CSM Dreadnoughts are not shit. IF they are close enough to an enemy model they shoot it twice, or they fleet to it and assault it. the only down side is if you can't think tactically enough to position your troops. Often I hold 1 or 2 in reserve and have them walk on the table edge as the game progresses. They are great fire magnets too. 3 dreads takes the heat off my deffy and rhinos filled with 24 zerkers and 1 LAsh sorcerer. Ppl don't like it when you've got that may DCCW's on the field. they get scared even with out drop pods...

Risky if fun. I really like To run super plasma spam too so Here's that list:

Sorcerer 125
Lash, Mos

Sorcerer 125
Lash, Mos

Chosen - 200
5xplasma, Rhino

Dread -105
Plasma-cannon

Dread -105
Plasma-cannon

CSM Squad -270
Champ, Pfist, plasma pistol, x2 Plasma, RHino

CSM Squad -270
Champ, Pfist, plasma, pistol x2 Plasma, RHino,

CSM Squad -270
Champ, Pfist, x2 Plasma, Rhino,

Havoks - 200
x4 Plasma, Champ Plasma pistol, rhino

Havoks 200
x4 Plasma, Champ Plasma pistol, rhino

X2 Oblits - 150

I could invariably have more Plasma guns with 3 squads of havoks and 3 squads of Chosen, and 6 5 man squads of pms but I wanted to keep it under apoc level. so plasma spam list is 2K points I liek to run it against my buddies niddzilla army

1 - 9 of 9 Posts