Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking about my Salamander army switching over to Chaos just so that they might win a game or two, and then I got the idea seeing a possessed CSM box the other day... what if my Sally-boys were actually getting possessed by demons, or at least by CSM's... Here is my first attempt at a conversion. It's just the basic model from a battle box, so I don't ruin one of the more expensive ones, but there you have it.

Your thoughts?

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Cool idea. I can see some really wicked ideas for Daemon Princes using part from the plastic High Elf Dragon...

Good work so far! :victory:

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the extreme spikes that GW put on Chaos Space Marines. The mixing up with the normal sprue has tempered that so overall I like your choice of parts.

The changing from green to gold trim is a cunning thought as well. However, the paint seems a little thick in places.

Also, the highlight on the right hand appears very wide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I am still learning techniques for blending, but I think I've picked one up from a friend today that may help the highlights on his hand. I agree that the paint is somewhat thick in places, still have to work on that.

Here are some picks of 3 more works in progress. I'm somewhat partial to the one with the red on his chest, but still trying to work out how to make the recessed parts "glow" from within.

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
...still trying to work out how to make the recessed parts "glow" from within.
I just reverse the usual dark to light layer effect. Try:

(1) paint the recesses with several thin layers of white until you get complete coverage;

(2) paint your glow colour around the inside rim of the recess leaving pure white in the bottom;

(3) Wash the recess with a watered down mix of your glow colour.

This should make the glow colour seem very bright in the centre of the recess.

If you are feeling ambitious you can do more dark to light layers to enhance the contrast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts