- power fist

Heavy Support
Chaos Land Raider - 240 pts
- Daemonic possession

Chaos Predator - 135 pts
- Turrent Twin-linked lascannons
- Side Heavy Bolters

1751 pts

Well this is my nurgle like army list, it’s not following the death guard, but my own nurgle army so I won’t be using the Plague Marine models and I kind of want it plastic

this army will also be for frindly games but would this kind of list be any good at a tournament?

So what would you say about the list, the only fast attack I want is bikes, so don’t say get some raptors.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It wouldn't suck if thats what you mean.
But for the predator, use the turret lascannon so you can move, fire your las and the heavybolters

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is DP on the Land Raider worth it?, cause i do wish to add what you said, but i need to find the points some how.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What type of combi weapon are you giving your terminators? If you want to go the cheaper points route you could just use regular CSM and give them an Icon of nurgle and expand your heavy weapons options. You lose the Feel no Pain special Rule but you gain Heavy Weapons options, the extra toughness, and save a few points. Just a thought. Other than that it is a pretty tough looking list.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd switch around your transport configuration. The 10 man PM squads both have very short ranged weaponry, ie flamers and meltas, but they are the foot sloggers. The 7 man has the 24" range on its plasma, but it is the one with the rhinos. You might be better served by trying to give rhinos to both the 10 man squads. That way, the close in squads can close in, drop flamer templates on troops and melta shots on vehicles, etc, while the plasma squad sits and shoots at whatever happens to need some plasma on it. Dropping one plague marine from the shooting squad and downgrading that champion's fist to a power weapon would just about pay for the extra rhino. 'course then you'd probably also want to switch which unit has the icon, for the 2nd unit of terminators, which I assume will DS, but that's a pretty minor change.
Also, if you wanted to find 5 extra points for making the pred a Las turret/HB sponsoons, you could always change the Possession to extra armor. Though I'd expect the land raider to attract an awful lot of fire, so the possession might be a good investment.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mgtymouze, i don't want cheaper points also if the bearer gets killed the unit(s) will lose the extra T atleast with the plauge marines this won't happen, and i'm getting to plauge marines to walk up, so heavy weapons are a waste.

things i've added are the las/ HB and swaped some weapon i was thinking of swaping the 2 combi weapons in the second unit of termies and drop the melta guns maybe and then add one plasma gun to each of the foot slogging squads, if i could find the points i would also drop the 2 flamers in the rhino squad for 2 melta guns, i could even go with the one maybe.

thanks for your help so far.

·
Registered
328 Posts
flamers in the rhino is good, but you might want to drop the 2 plasma in the nurgle squads and replace with meltas(Since your always moving, it will shoot 12"), take out the LC on the termie squad, try only using one combi-melta and replacing the powerfist for a chain fist.
Now thats about 20 points trimmed off, and that could be spent on EA for your pread or anything else.
But as a personal preference, i don't like daemon weapons. I prefer just some of the normal wargear. But i might suggest putting the lord on a daemonic mount instead of termie armour and just a powerfist, or if you really want, use the daemon weapon.(the mount can be carried in a landrainder) The xtra 20 points would pay for the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the mount is a good idea (but for modeling what size base? 40mm? also what could i use to show the palanquin?)

true about the melta guns i guess.

the list has been updated again also thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well nice list :) ! not a fan of Daemonic possession of your land raider but apart from that you should win. A little cheesey thou !! sorry just not a fan of nurgle. Good luck!

·
Registered
253 Posts
the mount is a good idea (but for modeling what size base? 40mm? also what could i use to show the palanquin?)
There is a new palanquin, in the deamons range. You could give that a try, and if I know it correctly, there is a round base in it too. Your lord could stand on it, not sit, but this is not a great problem, I think.

·
Registered
114 Posts
what i would do is ex-change the land raider with a deamon prince.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts