Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question regarding the Chaos Boon table, specifically when you're champion/character turns into a spawn or a Daemon Prince. That is unless I'm misunderstanding this completely...

example time!
If I had a bike squad and gave the champion the 10pt gift of mutation upgrade which he then rolled into turning into a Deamon Prince. Does he still have to remain a part of that squad for the entirety of the game, thus slowing down the bikes? Or can he go off on his own? Is this the same for spawns?

I ask becuase I'm about to go play some fun games with friends, and at a fairly low point total(500), and I think it would be hilarious (yet (I am aware) not statisically probable at all) to have a few of my champions turn into Daemon Princes.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
They become a seperate unit, but you cannot become a Spawn or a Daemon Prince through Boon of Mutation - you have to go through the standard kill a character/roll the d66 procedure.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah, it becomes a separate units which can cause all sorts of shenanigans in CC when the deamon prince can't be placed. Also Gift of Mutation says re-roll Spawnhood and deamon prince results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts