Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at the Psyker part of the CSM Deamon Prince entry and unlike with the marks where it says you must generate one power from the aligned discipline, it says youe must SELECT one power from the aligned discipline, now does this mean I can choose which power I want from that discipline?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
So I was looking at the Psyker part of the CSM Deamon Prince entry and unlike with the marks where it says you must generate one power from the aligned discipline, it says youe must SELECT one power from the aligned discipline, now does this mean I can choose which power I want from that discipline?
That's interesting.

Select is pretty unambiguous terminology.

EDIT: Oh, actually, under the Chaos psychic rules itself:

If the Psyker has a Mark of Chaos, or is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, they must roll at least one, and may roll up to half, of their powers on the table that corresponds to their patron deity.
So that definitely muddies the waters.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where does it say that? All I can find in the codex is what's under the different marks where it only refers to 'A psyker must generate at least one power from from X' or under deamon prince where it says it says if they are upgraded to deamon of X they must Select one power from X

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah right okay, that does confuse things a little :/ I think probably just stick with generating like normal is probably easiest, just the wording is ambiguous

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's interesting.

Select is pretty unambiguous terminology.

EDIT: Oh, actually, under the Chaos psychic rules itself:

If the Psyker has a Mark of Chaos, or is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, they must roll at least one, and may roll up to half, of their powers on the table that corresponds to their patron deity.

So that definitely muddies the waters.
that's not actually the rule of chaos psychic focus, not sure where you got that from, the actual rule is:

if a psyker has a mark of chaos or is a daemon of a particular chaos god (see codex:chaos space marines or codex:chaos daemons), that model automatically knows the primaris power of the discipline that corresponds to the patron deity, in addition to any other powers it knows.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Yeah, once I'd written that I was sure I pulled it from somewhere else.

If it's not the rule Chaos Psychic Focus, it'll be the bit above the Tzeentch discipline in the Chaos book where it explains about how you can roll anywhere from one to half of your powers from your God's table.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that Chaos Psychic Focus is only in there to allow CSM and Daemons to take advantage of having a free Primaris like everyone else, not to give them two free Primaris powers from their God discipline + whatever else they roll on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i think you might be right for chaos space marines at least but wouldn't it have been easier to have FAQed it so that the marines didn't have to role on their table?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
i think you might be right for chaos space marines at least but wouldn't it have been easier to have FAQed it so that the marines didn't have to role on their table?
I think the goal is to keep it the same way - Chaos have to roll at least once on their own God table - but not to exclude Chaos from being able to get a free Psychic Power like everyone else from Psychic Focus.

Essentially, a Sorceror with a Mark can never benefit from Psychic Focus, so they gave them their own rule to make up for that.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I think they should have Faq'd it so that Chaos get the primaris of their patron god and that counts as the power that needs to be generates, would make things so much easier, and would actually maek PSyker Deamon princes a bit better as they don't waste one of their rolls on the god table.

Also does it not say in the rulebook that Chaos replace Psychic focus with Chaos Psychic focus? SO deamons wouldn't get two primaris anyway?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Personally I think they should have Faq'd it so that Chaos get the primaris of their patron god and that counts as the power that needs to be generates, would make things so much easier, and would actually maek PSyker Deamon princes a bit better as they don't waste one of their rolls on the god table.
I don't get why people think the God tables are so bad. Tzeentch is total arse, yes, but Nurgle is reasonable and Slaanesh is a fairly solid choice.

Also does it not say in the rulebook that Chaos replace Psychic focus with Chaos Psychic focus? SO deamons wouldn't get two primaris anyway?
No, Chaos Psychic Focus is in addition to Psychic Focus.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think the goal is to keep it the same way - Chaos have to roll at least once on their own God table - but not to exclude Chaos from being able to get a free Psychic Power like everyone else from Psychic Focus.

Essentially, a Sorceror with a Mark can never benefit from Psychic Focus, so they gave them their own rule to make up for that.

dont forget with 7th edition they no longer get any abilities from their codex that rely on the psychic phase. Its nerf or nothing... wait its both.

Erratta: the comment on the bottoms of this post is wrong please refer to the errata http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downlo...k/7th-faq/Chaos_Space_Marines_v1.0_May14.pdf

·
Registered
580 Posts
Um, they have the Familiar. Which kick ASS!
Very true. And can now take imperial knights, just stick them in a corner and shoot away. Use the helturky on their armour. 710 points for a 2 Turkey 1 knight unbound army. Smell the fluff possibility..... bring it to 1000 points with typhus and some zombie cultists and bring it back to "bound" just keep your chaos away from;him.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Why go Unbound without actually breaking the FOC? To me, Unbound is for when you want to take 4+ of a non Troop.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I don't get why people think the God tables are so bad. Tzeentch is total arse, yes, but Nurgle is reasonable and Slaanesh is a fairly solid choice.

No, Chaos Psychic Focus is in addition to Psychic Focus.
Agree on both. Slaanesh is a solid and funny table for a themed list.

And nowere on the book says that the two Focuses replace each other! Or am i wrong? If so, point me to page reference, please!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Agree on both. Slaanesh is a solid and funny table for a themed list.

And nowere on the book says that the two Focuses replace each other! Or am i wrong? If so, point me to page reference, please!
I was going off the errata / faq but I may have made a mistake. I linked it in the previous post.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I was going off the errata / faq but I may have made a mistake. I linked it in the previous post.
sorry but i can't find a relevant section in the errata... could you please help me out? :scratchhead:
hot weather makes me slightly retarded

·
Registered
580 Posts
sorry but i can't find a relevant section in the errata... could you please help me out? :scratchhead:
hot weather makes me slightly retarded
Its the first point under amendments, CSM still keep their psychic tree, I was thinking blood angels, as well as space wolves lose all their codex abilities. Huge nerf to Mephisto.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
ok, now i see it. thanks. well that would have been brutal, otherwise!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts