Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Was just wondering if any of you csm players have some lists at 1500 you can share. I've made a nice competitive list for 1850 but have been struggling transitioning it to 1500. I'm having a tough time writing up a 1500 point list for csm.
I have most models for csm (including some forgeworld). I dont mind if you people don't have actual chaos space marines in your suggested lists, as I mostly dont use them either. I really just need some list ideas to get me brain storming, so I assume you'll give me some nice competitive list to work with. Again in it for the competitiveness as i'm not playing some narrative.

Much appreciated and if you do reply I really appreciate the time taken to help a fellow CSM player out!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
What's your 1850 pts list? Do you have limitations? How many sources can you take? CAD + Allies +Formations etc..
Chaos marines alone are one of the lowest tier codex, when it comes to sheer competition...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Then your doing it wrong.
How so? I know a melee component is needed, but honestly, you either take a Daemonkin army, or chaos has no way to perform greatly in melee...

Anyway, a "competitive" list could be:

Chaos Sorceror
3rd level (telepathy)
Bike
Sigil of corruption
Spell Familiar
meltabombs
(175)

5 Nurgle Spawns

5 Spawns

(330)

Khorne Lord
Axe of fury
Sigils of corruption
Juggernaut
(170)

1 Helblade
helstorm cannons
(115)

1 Raptor Gunship
reaper batteries
(210)

2 Sicaran Battletanks
lascannon sponsons
(350)

10 cultists
10 cultists
10 cultists
(150)

-1500- Honestly a frail army. Trouble will come if you happen to face many AV models...

Another one could be

Renegades and Heretics CAD

Renegade command squad
lascannon(65)

5 Veterans
deep strike
meltagun
(60)

5 Veterans
deep strike
meltagun
(60)

3 rapier weapon battery
militia training
3 extra crewman
(79)

3 rapier weapon battery
militia training
3 extra crewman
(79)

3 renegade wyvern
(165)

Renegade Baneblade
militia training
(500)

CHAOS MARINES ALLIES

Khorne Jugger lord
Axe of fury
Sigils
meltabombs
(175)

5 Spawns
(150)

10 Cultists
(50)

1 Hellblade
hellcannons
(115)

still 1500

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried converting it into 1850, its possible but it's not the same with 1850 as the 1500 version just doesnt seem the same imo. The 1850 doesnt matter I'm just trying to see if im able to start from scratch with a differernt list and was hoping one of you'd guys would get me brainstorming.

A few things:

1. What was your 1850 list?
2. Do you want allies?
3. What models outside the 1850 list do you have?
4. Are you more about CC or Ranged fighting? or both?
2. I don't mind I guess but I don't really have necrons or orks. Daemons I do though.
3. All CSM models and some FW.
4. My 1850 was built around CC only and did very well IMO it had help of Magic to making getting to CC easy along with the whole army moving 12" for a turn 2 assault and kharn deepstriking out of a kharybdis. Also used a void shield to help vs that tough turn 1 shooting. List did very well winning games.
CC only is my preference. But if you insist some shooting to make a list you suggest comepetitive for 1500 then im all ears. Plus if I dont think CSM can even out shoot other armies. If I wanted competetive shooting I would play IG or eldar lol. I think our best option for CSM is CC anyway.

Thanks for replies!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having a simular dilemma, I'm making a chaos space marines army,love khorne and will lead them with kharn the betrayer so beserkers will be my best friend but feel it's lacking to much in the psychic phase, and reading around on the Web basically tells me if I want to have a competitive list I NEED hell turkeys in there too , so once I've taken all this there's so many powerful lists everyone else can take I left feeling little defeated lol

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'm having a simular dilemma, I'm making a chaos space marines army,love khorne and will lead them with kharn the betrayer so beserkers will be my best friend but feel it's lacking to much in the psychic phase, and reading around on the Web basically tells me if I want to have a competitive list I NEED hell turkeys in there too , so once I've taken all this there's so many powerful lists everyone else can take I left feeling little defeated lol
CSM have an hard time into competitions. Also, hellturkey is not your top choice when it comes to flyer support. A fire raptor does trmendous amount of damage and also an helltalon is cheaper and deadlier than a drake.

Let's brainstorm something again:

CRIMSON SLAUGHER CAD (free fear yay!)

Kharn

6 Khorne marines
ccw+pistols
meltagun
combimelta

Dreadclaw drop pod

(380)

10 cultists
3 autoguns

Hellblade
Helstorm cannons
(168)

5 Nurgle spawns

Sorcerer, 3rd level, bike, sigils of corruption, spell familiar

(350)

2 Maulerfiends
(250)

GOREPACK FORMATION

3 Khorne Bikers
2 meltaguns

3 Khorne Bikers
2 meltaguns

5 Khorne hounds

5 Khorne hounds

(352)

-1500-

So, hounds, bikers, maulerfiends, spawns & sorcerors rush forward. Dreadclaw drops in first turn, the unit inside is hopefully made Invisible by the sorceror, the Hellblade gives some aa cover while cultists pray in reserve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts