Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since they CSM dex outlines that termies can have LR's as dedicated transports
does that allow them to field up to six, albeit they meet the requirements?

·
Registered
176 Posts
An HQ, 3 Terminator Squads, 2 CSM Squads and 6 Land Raiders is likely to be over 2000 points though.

It's still an option. Chaos can take 3-man Terminator Squads, so they're not that much of a points-sink.

·
Registered
40 Posts
actually, a 6-LR army looks like this:

sorcerer - 130
mark of slaanesh
lash of submission
meltabombs

terminator squad #1 (3) - 330
3x power weapon & combi-bolter
land raider
daemonic possession

terminator squad #2 (3) - 330
land raider
daemonic possession

terminator squad #3 (3) - 330
land raider
daemonic possession

chaos space marine squad #1 (5) - 80
flamer

chaos space marine squad #2 (5) - 80
flamer

land raider #1 - 240
daemonic possession

land raider #2 - 240
daemonic possession

land raider #3 - 240
daemonic possession

that's a total of 12 TL lascannons firing every turn, and you can't stop them from shooting unless you get a weapon destroyed or vehicle destroyed result....and they hit 75% of the time, which is decent.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I think you'll find that in all cases of the new codexes, dedicated transports, if they dont fall under a specific FOC slot (razorbacks, rhinos, falcons etc) they get their own sections. using LR as transports counts as taking a Heavy choice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
torealis i am going to have to disagree with your statement. When you use a dedicated transport it by rule "it is selected along with the unit." In the rulebook it states that these are dedicated transports. Then it states "Other transport vehicles are chosen separately and occupy a FOC slot (for example Eldar Falcons) and can provide transportation to any unit that can embark on it."

In the Chaos codex terminators can take a Land Raider as a dedicated transport. So it doesn't use a FOC slot. However if you wanted to have a squad of CSM in a Land Raider that would be in a different slot because they can't have them as dedicated transports.

On that note, is it possible to start a squad of CSM in a Land Raider? Or better yet Khorne Berzerkers? The problem is that they set up at different times. So can you claim that your deployment for the Berzerkers is deploying them inside the Land Raider? I can't find rules for or against this, so i assume that you can't, but I would still like other people's opinion on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts