Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

CSM 1850 competitive assault list

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  neferhet 
#1 ·
Sup heresy, just looking for feedback on my list.
Note my tourney allows CSM to ally in supplements!!

Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1400pts)
No unique force (Vanilla CSM Codex)

HQ (370pts)

Kharn the Betrayer (160pts)
Aura of Dark Glory, Frag Grenades, Gorechild, Krak Grenades, Plasma Pistol, Warlord
Blessing of the Blood God, Champion of Chaos, Fearless, Furious Charge, Gorechild, Independent Character, Mark of Khorne, The Betrayer, Veterans of the Long War

Sorcerer (210pts)
2x Additional Mastery Level, Aura of dark glory, Bike, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Spell familiar, The Black Mace
Champion of Chaos, Cursed, Daemon Weapon, Independent Character, Psyker
Force Weapon
Force Axe

Troops (140pts)

Chaos Cultists (90pts)
19x autopistol loadout, 19x Cultists in unit
Cultist Champion
Auto Pistol
Champion of Chaos

Chaos Cultists (50pts)
9x autopistol loadout, 9x Cultists in unit
Cultist Champion
Auto Pistol
Champion of Chaos

Fast Attack (360pts)

Chaos Spawn (180pts)
Mark of Nurgle, 5x Spawn
Fear, Fearless, Mark of Nurgle, Mutated Beyond Reason, Rage, Random Attacks, Very Bulky

Chaos Spawn (180pts)
Mark of Nurgle, 5x Spawn
Fear, Fearless, Mark of Nurgle, Mutated Beyond Reason, Rage, Random Attacks, Very Bulky

Heavy Support (530pts)

[FW] Kharybdis Assault Claw (260pts)
5x Kharybdis Storm Launchers, Melta-ram
Access Point: Kharybdis, Assault Vehicle, Drop Pod Assault, Heat Blast, Independant Gun Spirits, Inertial Guidance System, Infernal Relic, Transport Capacity: Kharybdis

Maulerfiend (135pts)
Daemonic Possession, Lasher tendrils
Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die, Move Through Cover, Siege Crawler

Maulerfiend (135pts)
Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Allied Detachment) (350pts)

Force Options
Crimson Slaughter
Harbingers of the Tormented, Renegades of the Dark Millenium

HQ (165pts)
Sorcerer (165pts)
2x Additional Mastery Level, Aura of dark glory, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Melta bombs, Power Armour, Spell familiar
Champion of Chaos, Independent Character, Psyker
Force Weapon
Force Axe

Troops (50pts)
Chaos Cultists (50pts)
9x autopistol loadout, 9x Cultists in unit
Cultist Champion
Auto Pistol
Champion of Chaos

Heavy Support (135pts)

Maulerfiend (135pts)

Fortifications and Stronghold Assault (2013) (Fortification Detachment) (100pts)

Fortification (100pts)
Void Shield Generator (100pts)
3x Projected Void Shields

Strategy is all close combat!! It's built around close combat. The idea is kharybdis with kharn and 19 cultists(whose soul purpose are wounds for kharn) deepstrike 1st turn on enemies deployment zone putting fear and target priority on the enemy player.
Sorcerers both go with 1 nurgle spawn unit. They roll on telepathy usually giving me 1 invisiblity power to cast on whichever unit I think needs it most. Or if im lucky I end up with invisiblity twice. Shrouding for spawns if I get it, phycic shriek, etc.
Maulerfiends along with spawn and sorcerers move up 12" getting ready along with kharn for turn two assault.
Void shield is there to lessen the turn 1 shooting my enemy I'm sure will happily provide.

Problems I know I'll encounter is little anti-air (kharybdis is anti-air with it being a flyer along being a drop pod, it has 10 str 6 ap 5 shots). I can take the lack of anti-air as I'm in it for the CC :threaten:

I ran this list before and usually end up in turn two assaults, and is a huge bonus if I end up going first.
It has been well for me as most shooty armies have so much to shoot at first turn that they cant get it all by turn 2 and I end up getting in CC with shooty armies that generally suck in CC.

Thoughts, feedback on the list is much, MUCH appreciated!!
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
Seems all extra good! Only annoying to me is the Black mace on a sorceror and lack of sigils of corruption from both sorcs...
Since you wanted to get to 1500...just remove the allied detachment...
Thanks for reply. The sorcerer is the only way for me to get fleshbane and dish out a good amount of hits. He gives me everything a chaos lord can but -1 attack, wound, and WS. Really not much of a difference, but he offers me phycic powers!! I know he has 2 wounds, but its a 1/6 chance he'll hit himself lol. It's worth the risk as the blackmace is such a badass weapon and helps a lot. Sorcerers do have a 5++. It's not the sigil, but it's what I could afford.

Anymore suggestions or improvements you think this list needs, please reply!:biggrin:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
this and also the risk of perils...well, you like to gamble a lot, it seems...
I did put a 5+ invul, not totally suicidal. With CSM being underpowered as it already is gambling sometimes is our best bet for victory haha. I mean I could still peril blackmace or not, all I did was add a 1/6 chance of hitting myself with daemon weapon, the payoff of not rolling a 1 is too good to not take the blackmace. I wish I could put it on a chaos lord but magic is so much better. All I did was combine magic and CC on a sorcerer, the list needed something else to pack a punch and all I did was add on to it with the sorcerer.

Anymore comments, please?
Could use some more suggestions/critique.:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.