Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Stops giggling at funny title of own post long enough to write this Tzeentch based CSM List*

Right so these new books out have made me realise that I have a masisve gap in my current lists: Dealing with Hvy Armour and Buildings.

Superheavies I am not so worried about, enough plasma/melta/Hadesautocannon Shots take them down and earn me points plus they have spent a ton on that one model.

What worries me more is AV14-15 buildings that can only be damaged by Pens. My lists were light on Meltas and lacked any really dedicated anti hvy armour besides a few combi-meltas.

So New list:

HQ:
Daemon Prince - 275pts
+ Daemon of Tzeentch
+ Warp-forged Armour
+ Daemonic Flight
+ Black Mace
+ Gift of Mutation (for the chance to get 2+ re-rollable armour why the hell not? it happened once it will happen again!)

Troops:
Chaos Space Marines - 215pts
+ 5x Additional Marines
+ 2x Plasmaguns
+ Champ's Combi-Plasma
+ Chaos Rhino

+ 5x Additional Marines
+ 2x Plasmaguns
+ Champ's Combi-Plasma
+ Chaos Rhino

+ 5x Additional Marines
+ 2x Plasmaguns
+ Champ's Combi-Plasma
+ Chaos Rhino

Fast Attack:
Heldrake - 170pts
+ Bale Flamer

Chaos Biker Squad - 160pts
+ 3x Additionsl Bikers
+ 2x Meltaguns
+ Champ's Combi-Melta

Heavy Support:
Maulerfiend - 125pts
+ Magma Cutters

Maulerfiend - 125pts
+ Magma Cutters

1500pts Eaxctly

To run through:

HQ:
Black mace prince is a pretty standard hard hitting beast. Str 8 daemon weapon that can wipe tarpits as well as smash through superheavies at str 10 at the cost of 2 base attacks. Immune to D-weapons whilst in the air. Nice HQ and hard hitting.

Troops:
Standard Shooty marines maxed out to deal with TEQ and MEQ. there are enough bodies that I would hope some will live to hold objectives.

Fast:
Heldrake is the usual terror it always has been.

Bikers are a fast response/early Tank Popping unit. can get into melta range quickly and with fast movement hopefully can reach side armour. A nice charge to support the Maulerfiends would help.

Heavy:
Maulerfiends IMO just became a great Insurance polict against big fortifications and super heavies, provided they get there (hence two of them). If my opponent shoots at these i means I can move the rest of my guys up safely. If they ignore them then they get a royal pain in the backside running around their lines.
AMAZING at anti-building. 4 attacks on the charge at strength 10 ap2 and +1 to your armour Pen roll. then (since buildings are auto-hit) 2 Str8 ap1 Armourbane attacks with again +1 to armour pen roll. one of the best counters to the new stronghold assault I can find.

Thoughts on competitive use in games that could possibly include super heavies and fortifications?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any advice out there?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
nothing really. just my taste, but i'd give a marine unit 2 meltaguns, combimelta and combimelta on rhino, instead of plasma.
Solid enough, without real flaws, bar long range support, lacking entirely. This will make you badly outshoot vs tau and IG, but yould be anyway so...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the advise. I was thinking of that. what do u think about dropping the boon of mutation of the Prince and dropping a biker and putting MON on the 5 remaining bikers?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i'd say that would be wise. better to have T6 than a most-of-the-time-useless boon and a body more...makes the unit very hard to kill.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
might help with small arms fire as well since that biker squad is most likely to be up close with those meltas.

Any thoughts on how it would cope with new stronghold and escalation?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Honestly, escalation is not exciting me...i've used superheavyes in normal games and they just perform poorly. Too easy a target for a good bunch of melta terminators or DE darklances and blasters...
The new AV15 fortress, can be problematic, altough you are going to see one in 10 games...or in "story based" games. (meaning that i'm not hearing much exciting in my meta for stronghold...)
I'd say that with half of your army capable of dealing with both you should be ok.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool will give it a spin when I can find money for some maulerfiends (had mine as forgefiends magnetized for any weapon). I may proxy a few games and let you know.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Good. Let us know how it fares. :eek:k:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts