Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been assembling and painting up some more of my Cryx for Warmachine. My Cryx are mostly made up of the loyalist-pirate side (Terminus, Skarre & Coven as opposed to Asphyxious / Deneghra).

I have been doing some Satyxis Raiders. My criteria for these is mostly that they look good from the tabletop, I am also trying to paint faster.

Apologies for the photos (my camera does not have a manual focus). The photo of the cloak from the back most reflects how the model has come up. Anyway, from the front it just does not 'pop'. Any ideas on how to bring them up a bit? I was thinking of either outlining the hanging chain mail type thing with bronze, or colouring the inside of it with a lighter colour. I was also considering doing something with the arm plates.

The horns as well, I am thinking could use sharper highlights, or a transition to a ligher tip.

I have not done the base at all.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I agree with Dave, my first thought was to the horns as well as they are such a dominant feature of the model. Going more yellow with them would provide immediate contrast to the hair color.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first attempt. I reckon I can do a slightly better contrast in the recess of future models now that I have a feel for it. Do not really want to add another layer of paint to this one though.

One of my friends suggested a little more depth to the face and eyes, I will try that as well.

Also, photo of Morgaen (the sluttiest of the Witch Coven, and that is a hard earned title.). Thoughts on it appreciated also. Again I am going for tabletop quality, by that I do not mean lower quality, more that I am going for detail being visible from 2-3 feet away. I know the lips are a tad thick, I am going to try and fix that.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

It is a very solid knife on Morgaen, and in a weird place so I know what you mean. The Selene sculpt is similar although the knife is less prominent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts