Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the scenario: An Ork looted wagon moved as far as he could in his turn. A nearby LR shot it and ended the shooting phase with an Immobile result. Nearby Termies with SS/TH assault the wagon. Does it auto-hit or only on 6's? Pg 63 of the BRB says attacking a vehicle that is immobilized OR stationary the previous turn = auto hit. My contention is that even though it moved at cruising speed it is now immobile prior to the assault phase and would auto hit. Am I wrong or not?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Here is the scenario: An Ork looted wagon moved as far as he could in his turn. A nearby LR shot it and ended the shooting phase with an Immobile result. Nearby Termies with SS/TH assault the wagon. Does it auto-hit or only on 6's? Pg 63 of the BRB says attacking a vehicle that is immobilized OR stationary the previous turn = auto hit. My contention is that even though it moved at cruising speed it is now immobile prior to the assault phase and would auto hit. Am I wrong or not?
Your wrong. Unless there is somewhere that states that you auto-hit an immobilized vehicle, page 63 stands. Your previous shooting phase is not the other player's previous turn.

It even address immobilized effects on assaulting vehicles in that little chart under the heading Rolling To Hit Against Vehicles.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think that the rules as written would mean that you hit on a 6 as the BRB says "immobilised or was stationary in its previous turn.". But rules as intended would imply an automatic hit. So it depends on who you are playing, and we could argue this one till the cows come home.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I think that the rules as written would mean that you hit on a 6 as the BRB says "immobilised or was stationary in its previous turn.". But rules as intended would imply an automatic hit. So it depends on who you are playing, and we could argue this one till the cows come home.
My mistake. I misread that. It is RAW auto-hit if it is immobilized or if it was stationary in its previous turn. Just woke up.

·
Registered
231 Posts
"Attacking a vehicle that moved at cruising speed in it's previous turn: 6"(pg. 63) BGB

bold added for emphisis

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
once a vehical cant move thats it
its auto hit all the time end of story

works both fluff and rules wise

·
4,491 Posts
I want to expand the question with the following....

Lets say a mob of 11 Boyz and a Nob with a Power Klaw assault a vehicle that has moved at cruising speed.
The Boyz hit on 6's at I3 (FC), and manage to immobilize the vehicle.
The Nob then strikes at I1 due to his Power Klaw.
Will the Nob be hitting on 6's? Or Auto-hit?

·
Registered
594 Posts
As i understand it: once a vehicle has the Immobilized effect on it, all CC attacks auto-hit. So in that scenario, the Nob with the Klaw would auto-hit, as the vehicle was Immobilized before the Nob's turn came up.

EDIT: To clear up, "Attacking a vehicle that is immobilized" is a separate item from "or was stationary in its previous turn". You can tell because the first one uses the present tense, while the second uses the past tense. So for all the rules lawyers out there, if a vehicle is Immobilized, it is auto-hit even if it moved at cruising speed the previous turn.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I want to expand the question with the following....

Lets say a mob of 11 Boyz and a Nob with a Power Klaw assault a vehicle that has moved at cruising speed.
The Boyz hit on 6's at I3 (FC), and manage to immobilize the vehicle.
The Nob then strikes at I1 due to his Power Klaw.
Will the Nob be hitting on 6's? Or Auto-hit?
A cheeky one, but.

Isn't there something in the rules on rolling all CC attacks against the vehicle and then working out the damage? I don't think there is any mention of initiative in the rules for assaulting vehicles (other than walkers with thier own section).

For me no chance. Unless you can show me where it says that absolutely can happen?

IMO:grin:

·
Registered
594 Posts
For me no chance. Unless you can show me where it says that absolutely can happen?
Very well, i accept your challenge. If i may quote, as i find im so apt to do, from the rulebook:

Launching an Assault
A unit can assault a vehicle in the Assault phase. The assault move is conducted just the same as assaulting other enemy units. As normal, all engaged models will attack
It specifically states that the assault move is Conducted just the same as assaulting other enemy units, implying that we resolve the assault like normal. since it never states that we ignore initiative order, we must assume that the combat is resoved in initiative order, as per normal.

That good enough for you?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Correct, attacks resolve in Initiative order even against vehicles. So it's quite possible to Immobilise a vehicle at I5 and then auto-hit it at I4.

Aramoro

·
4,491 Posts
I tried auto-hitting with a PK after immobilizing with Boyz once... my opponent wasn't too impressed. Long story short i ended up hitting on 6's.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Aramaro and Deathklokk have the right of it (amongst others).

Any vehicles that is immoblised will be hit automatical after that instant (Be it the next units shooting, the next initiative step, assaulting after the shooting phase ect.)

@KingofCheese: Why? Them's the rules. Tough luck if your opponent doesn't like it.

(at least spell my name right...lol -DK)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts