Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Critique my 1850 list please

661 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ckcrawford 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm a fairly seasoned player but i only play with a small group of friends over the past few years, i will be moving soon and the town i am moving too has frequent tournaments and i was going to run this list.

Demon Prince, W/ Wings, Mark of slanesh, Lash

10 CSM +2 plasma + Icon of Chaos Glory
1 Rhino w/ extra armor extra bolter

10 CSM +2 Flamer + Icon of C.G.
1 Rhino w/ extra armor, extra bolter

10 Brezerkers w/ skull champion w/ pwr fist
1 Land raider w/ Demonic possesion

3 Oblitorators

10 Havoks, 4 Missle launchers, w/ mark of tzeentch

3 Bikes w/ 2 Meltagun Mark of C.G.

6 Lesser Demons

I have played this list with my friends and it was worked fairly well, only too one lash because i don't like uber cheese. CSM are to capture objectives Zerkers are in the Land raider for assault ramp. Bikes are for last minute objective contesting as well as tank sniping if needed, and lesser deamons are to tie up hard hitting melee troops or to get summoned and capture objectives. Only run this list a few times but any critique without saying go double lash, is welcome and appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
I honestly like this list, looks fun to play.
only things I would change.

drop the 2 plasmas in the first csm squad for meltas

drop 5 havocs and the lesser demons and you can get a well stacked vindicator with extra armor leaving points to spare if my math is working today.

basically keeping the general'ness of what you have.
A lash vindi combo compliment each other nicely, and your not giving up anything that will be dearly missed. imo
While staying away from duel lash.

#3 ·
Demon Prince, W/ Wings, Mark of slanesh, Lash
Works great.

10 CSM +2 plasma + Icon of Chaos Glory
1 Rhino w/ extra armor extra bolter
I would switch out the plasmas for meltas to better deal with tanks and so you don't kill off your own guys by accident. Also, I wouldn't sink points into the rhino since it's so fragile. Just a basic rhino works. I would recommend adding a PF Champ to the squad though.

10 CSM +2 Flamer + Icon of C.G.
1 Rhino w/ extra armor, extra bolter
Drop the upgrades on the rhino and grab a PF Champ and this squad will be fine.

10 Brezerkers w/ skull champion w/ pwr fist
1 Land raider w/ Demonic possesion
10 tends to be a bit overkill, 8 works best and is more cost effective. I like to give my zerks PW champs to make better use of the furious charge. Daemonic possession isn't necessary on the LR since its so durable already. If you're really concerned with getting into melee fast, I would to EA at most just to keep moving.

3 Oblitorators
Oblits are oblits and win.

10 Havoks, 4 Missle launchers, w/ mark of tzeentch
This squad is way to costly for what it does. I would ran 5 guys max. The icon isn't necessary for a heavy weapon squad, especially at its cost.

3 Bikes w/ 2 Meltagun Mark of C.G.
This is good for tank hunting.

6 Lesser Demons
Not much to say here, they either work for you or not.
Hope this helps. ^_^

#4 ·
posting from work

Allow me to suggest this possible build:

HQ
• Daemon Prince
- Mark of Slaanesh; Wings; Lash of Submission
155 points

ELITES
• 5 Chosen
- Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist and plasma pistol; Rhino with extra armour
273 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist and combi-melta; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
266 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

FAST ATTACK
• 5 Plague Bikers
- Icon of Nurgle; 2 meltas
235 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 3 Obliterators

225 points
• Vindicator - Daemonic Possession; twin-linked bolter
150 points
• Vindicator - Daemonic Possession; twin-linked bolter
150 points

TOTAL:
1,850 points

HTH

#5 ·
I like the list just as it is. If you are using the ten man units with plasma guns to mow down infantry, I think you made the right choice.

The things I don't think play well are the lesser daemons and the bikes. I suggest you get aspring champions with powerfists for every unit to defend those ten man unit. The flamer unit I also don't like. But if you want to and have points left over, I'd exchange those for plasmas or meltas.

I also, like svartmetal, think those icons could be used for something for something with more potential. For me icon of chaos glory means your already thinking about running away. I much prefer something that will prevent the running away from happening like better toughness, or surprise speed in close combat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.