Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Fulgrim essentially had to give the daemon permission to possess his body.
Possession and ascension are two very different things. Daemon Princedom is not achieved by granting a daemon into your body.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm not sure the Dark Gods give you the option of becoming a Daemon Prince. It believe they make the decision on their whims and by that point its either Spawn or Prince. But maybe Abaddon is powerful enough to resist becoming too powerful? Lol.
The gods can heap 'gifts' on you till you have the choice of being a spawn or dp. The chaos gods lose a powerful pawn by turning Abaddon into a dp, remember dps can only exists outside of the warp/warpstorm (i.e. the eye) for a short time. So if the gods make Abaddon a dp they lose a front line commander and gain yet another behind the scenes one.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Possession and ascension are two very different things. Daemon Princedom is not achieved by granting a daemon into your body.
Unless your name is Ax'senaea the Thrice-Possessed, who let three different Keepers of Secrets into her body. Granted, she did so one at a time, and crushed all three with her indomitable force of will, and was on her way to a fourth when Slaanesh granted her daemonhood, so her becoming a Daemon Princess was still not a direct result of daemonic possession. (Black Crusade: Core Rulebook, pg. 359)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Unless your name is Ax'senaea the Thrice-Possessed, who let three different Keepers of Secrets into her body. Granted, she did so one at a time, and crushed all three with her indomitable force of will, and was on her way to a fourth when Slaanesh granted her daemonhood, so her becoming a Daemon Princess was still not a direct result of daemonic possession. (Black Crusade: Core Rulebook, pg. 359)
Thanks - I really enjoyed that quote.

Given that each KoS is a part of slaanesh and she'd already munched three, what would have happened if she carried on?
Could she eventually have eaten slaanesh (in bite size chunks)?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
In Daemon World theres another character, whoses name eludes me. But whom is featured on the cover, whom was to be a slaaneshi daemon's plaything. But her will was too strong and the daemon ended making a deal with her.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Given that each KoS is a part of slaanesh and she'd already munched three, what would have happened if she carried on?
Could she eventually have eaten slaanesh (in bite size chunks)?
Daemons don't really die, she may have "crushed" those possessing her but they didn't actually disappear and thus wouldn't have weakened Slaanesh itself.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Daemons don't really die, she may have "crushed" those possessing her but they didn't actually disappear and thus wouldn't have weakened Slaanesh itself.
I haven't read the book but did she gain anything, other than bragging rights, when she 'crushed' the demons?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
You can't apply logic on the Gods from a human perspective! Hence there are never and specifik reason why certain characters return, with the exception of the ones CotE gave earlier. Even those champions will be abadoned sooner or later. :)

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I've only read a few of the books (first 3 and Betrayer), but based on that, it almost seems like the gods had a specific plan involving Erebus, Argel Tal, and Kharn. Even if Argel Tal was partially possessed, Erebus obviously had their favor and Kharn survived some pretty crazy shit, and we already know that Kharn survives the Horus Heresy to become chosen of Khorne.

*SPOILERZ BELOW*

The thing that finally put Kharn over the edge seemed to be Argel Tal's death. Then, all of a sudden, the guy who didn't give a shit about fighting in the arena challenges Erebus to sanguis extremis. Was it just revenge, or had Kharn finally been molded into the berserker that Khorne had been wishlisting the whole time? Maybe not the type of madman he turns into at Skalathrax, but he probably isn't the same World Eater that tried to hold it all together. Angron is a demon now, so how is that dynamic going to work?

If they don't revisit him during the novels (which they hopefully do during the Siege of Terra), it appears that past this point he's gone to the nails and in service to Khorne. I just wonder when he actually learns who/what Khorne is. By the time the 41st Millenium rolls around, he's covered in the iconography, but it probably didn't take 10,000 years...

It was pretty badass when Erebus was getting ripped apart. He couldn't believe what was happening, and barely managed to teleport away. Gah!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts