Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, just a quick question about the Tau 6th Ed Codex Battlesuit:

"Where a weapon has two points costs, the first is for a standard, single version, and the second is for two weapons (counting as a twin-linked weapon of that type). A twin-linked weapon counts as two choice from this list." (Tau 6ed Codex)

In the previous codex their was a specific sentence saying that a weapons choice could not be picked twice (for example, 2 individual burst cannons). However, at first glance, they appear to have gotten rid of that limit with no line against having two of the same gun on one crisis battlesuit. However where it says the second is for two weapons, probably implies that you cannot take two individual weapons but must take the twin linked version. However as the Crisis Battlesuit Commander can take potentially up to four weapons, what is to stop me taking a twin linked weapon in addition to that same weapon individually (so a plasma rifle, and also a twin linked plasma rifle).

I could really use some help clarifying. I want to have Crisis Battlesuits with 8 shots each (2 Burst Cannons) :biggrin: but have doubts about its legitimacy :( :( :(

·
Autarch of Heresy
886 Posts
You can take 1 tl weapon and 1 regular weapon, or 2 regular weapons, or in the case of a commander you can take 2 tl weapons. Simple enough, previous codex rules dont apply now

·
Registered
959 Posts
Damn right they dont.
Its mostly a blessing but them Kroots sure miss being S4....
As I said elsewhere, Kroot will likely be seen with sniper rounds.

Keep in mind, if you take a TL weapon and a regular one, you can't take support systems. So if you want a Target Lock, Drone Controller, etc., then take two regular weapons (Commanders obviously have another slot so this is for standard Crisis suits).

·
Registered
807 Posts
Where a weapon has two point cost, the first is for a standard, single version, and the second is for two weapons.

In other words a Plasma Rife as a point cost of X/Y (Y = X+5).

One Plasma Rifle cost X points.
Two Plasma Rifles cost Y points.

Two weapons of the same kind, count as a twin-linked weapon of that type. So when you have two Plasma Rifles it counts as a Twin-linked Plasma Rifle.

This is how I read it anyways. In the end this really needs to be FAQed so that is clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts