Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i have been slowly coming up with my chapter anme and origns over the past 6 months or so and have finaly settled on a theme, names and style.
First i must explain a bit of background around them. The Crimson Spartans where formed as a Second founting chapter of the Ultramarines soon after the Horus Herasy. there Chapter Master was Caliban Tylon and soo aftyer there founding they where sent to deal with the Eldar of Bal-tan who where attackign a neareby Imperial colany. After arriving they set up camp planet side and held of the forces of the Eldar for many months even without orbital support. However this proved to be there undoing as the edlar surrounded them and let lose a barrage of fire power from orbit untimatly killing Chapter Master Tylon. Tho the Marines managed to flee the planet along with many soilders of the Imperiam the eldar untimatly captured the planet. It was there desided that every leader of the Crimson Spartans should be named Caliban in honor of it's founder and from there on the Crimson Sparts tactics changed tramtically.
Knowing the flaws of planet side fighting the Spartans exeled in quick sharp strikes from orbit using Thunderhawks and drop pods wo quick strikes. They became so confidend in there attacks that fleeing was deemed "Unhuman" and deserters where shot whithout trial. They also forwent a Home world and instead command one of the largest fleets know to the Imperiam with there flank ship atleast twice the size of most. Unlike most Martine Chapter they recuit alot of soilders who wish to join them rather than taking from there home world while trying to maintain there Gene seed as much as possible but many belive that there seed as changed so mcuh that they no longer are what they where for better or worse.

So here is the 1000, 1500 and 2000pts list that i will be using for my Spartans.

Caliban Anvilus(Lysander) - 200pts
Libarian Ifrit(Libarian) - 100pts
10 Marines w/ Meltagun, Multi-melta, Combi-melta - 185pts
10 Marines w/ Flamer, Missile Launcher - 170pts
9 Sternguard w/ 3 Combi-melta's - 240pts
3 Drop Pods - 105pts

Total - 1000pts
This list will drop down Caliban along with the sternguard in 1 pod and Vermian and the melta marines on turn 1 unleashing a mass of powerful shots. The other marines with eaither drop in close to held support later or drop ontop of my objective to lend support or to go to ground within bolstered terrain to make them alsmot impossible to remove.

Caliban Anvilus(lysander) -200pts
Chief Librarian Ixion(Libarian Epistolary) w/ Plasma Pistol - 165pts
Command Squad w/ 4 Plasma Guns - 175pts
10 Marines w/ Flamer, Missile - 170pts
10 Sternguard w/ 3 Combi-meltas - 265pts
Ironclad dreadnought w/ Hammer, DCW, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, 2 Hunter-seeker Missiles - 165pts
5 Drop pods - 175pts

Total - 1500pts
Caliban and the sternguard, Ixion and the Command squad and the Ironclad will drop down turn 1 letting losoe every little bit of fire power while getting the Marines to sit back and arrive where needed later on.

Caliban Anvilus(lysander) -200pts
Chief Librarian Ixion(Libarian Epistolary) w/ Plasma Pistol - 165pts
Command Squad w/ 4 Plasma Guns - 175pts
10 Marines w/ Flamer, Missile - 170pts
5 Marines - 90pts
10 Sternguard w/ 4 Combi-meltas - 270pts
Ironclad dreadnought w/ Hammer, DCW, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, 2 Hunter-seeker Missiles - 165pts
Dreadnoguht w/ Multi-melta, Missile Launcher - 115pts
5 Vanguard Vet's w/ Jump packs, Relic Blade - 190pts
7 Drop pods w/ 3 Locator Beacons - 275pts

Total - 2000pts
The Dread will drop down now with them as well turn 1 and everyone except the Ironclad has a locator beacon on turn 1. The 5 Mairnes are for objective holding and will go to ground(+2 cover save:eek:k:).I have taken 3 Beacons to allow my Vanguard to actualy drop down actretly and assault just incase my oppoent trys to pop the only beacosn to prevent me doing that(Vanguard would be droped of by a Thunderhawk).

Well there is my 3 lists and i hope they are as fluffy as possible with my background(May post background in fluff section too) so you can see what i don't want to change to much and i don't really want anyhtign that can't deep strike. But please any help making this as effective as possible without losing the fluff. Thankyou.

P.S. Sorry for tha massive amount of text.:secret:

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's all right! you did a good job

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like the background and the basic list build. The techmarine in the first list seems a bit out of place. Was he just a point filler? What about dropping him and a sternguard to place a basic Lib in there? I think it would work better and you could story line fluff him as advancing to senior lib in your 1500 and 2000 point list from a new lib in your 1000 point list.

The only other thing I coulf see changing is switching the flamer and melta gun in the squads so that each has a melta weapon. I do understand the massive melta on turn one also.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have to admit the libby makes more sence. Yes the Techmarine was a bit of a points filler and not having much else i could do mean he got in instead...plus i wanted every unit being able to take down tanks if they needed too but that does sound good. and by my count that would make him exactly 100pts. Hurrays. Time to take Might of the Ancients and Avenger :so_happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts