Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not exactly a new blood angels player, but I still haven't painted my 2000+ point army and am wondering if anyone could give some good hints on how to paint them properly. My only thing is that I would like a darker red like crimson and not so much of the bright reds I've seen people use. Any tips are appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
for my daemons i use black base, mechrite red, red gore, badab black. in that order, and i get a very dark blood red.
you could try black base, mechrite red, badab black, and still get a dark red.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll have to try that!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
read the how aint blood letters page on gw's site
basically i do this

Base Mechrite Red
Baal Red wash
Devlan Mud Wash
Dry brush Blood Red for 1st highlight
Solar orange final highlight

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow those turned out pretty good... Has a very chaos look lol...

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I must admit to liking the darker red bloodangels I have seen previously. Be sure to post up some pics when you have painted some.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll make sure to do that... I still need to get all my paints together and paint me up some :grin:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just did mechrite over white and a heavy devlan mud wash over the whole model. Turned out a dark red and leaves an easy way to highlight if you so choose.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any pics? it would be nice to see a lot of different variations so I know which one I should go for... Thanks...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks Awesome! I might have to use yours. Thanks everyone for helping out and hopefully I can get some blood angels pics up and going soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts