Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just finished kit bashing, on a small level, a Command Rhino I've wanted to do for a while now. Thanks to bitz sellers on eBay I've finally put together this Rhino I've had on my mind for months now.

The kit has a Baal Predator front armour plate and rear vents (located in the lower part of the indentation by the rear ramp), a Landraider Crusader; top hatch (this is slightly different from the Rhino one), communications antenna, smoke launchers, and search light. Rouding it out is the Razorback straps on top and the forward spikes/guard.
I've used one Fist piece from the tank upgrade kit and running with the thought that less is more in the iconography department.

C&C is welcome.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Looks good man, it'll definitely stand out with that big ol' communications antenna sticking out of it. Nice use of the Baal parts as well, that front plate is minty.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Pictures are dark but I week c&c the best I can.

Drill out the smoke launchers or make them look like covers over them. 40k smoke launchers look a lot like us military launchers so you can find tons of info on them.

I would add at least one more antenna and try to find a satellite dish to give it that true command look. That thing should have 5 or 6 radios in it at least.

Looking good and is well executed. Maybe a rolled up tarp and some razor wire rolls for super detailing.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Good start mate, as D says chuck some more antenna on there, maybe a big whip antenna?

Nice use of the front plate from the Baal.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I've added two antennas. However, I can't find a place to put a radar dish without it looking out of place and ridiculous.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Have you thought about moving the smoke launchers nearer the front and putting the dish on one of those back sloping thread sections?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had, but, the glue is pretty much set by now and trying to remove pieces will only result in a terrible looking surface, tears and stress points.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd agree that it needs a bit more to make it stand out (though i usually go slightly overboard on my models). I really like Djinn's idea for the whirlwind radar.

The other option is to leave it simple in the modelling department, then go overboard with the freehand on the doors.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I think after adding the two antennas that I'm going to leave it as it is.
After painting, I think I'll do some decal work for more details.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
It does need a few more small bits too make it stand out. The extra antenna would help, but a few tools, like the pick and shovel that come in some of the IG tank kits attached to the front exhaust stacks would look good. Also, you can do a lot after painting with decals and unit markings to help it stand out from the rest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts