-Hunter – 70pts

HQ

-Reclusiarch – 130pts

Troops

-10x Death Company w/2x power weapons, thunderhammer – 260pts

Heavy Support

-Strormraven Gunship – 200pts

1997 POINTS

General idea is the scouts in speeders rush up and use their tele homers to bring sternguard (one with pedro) in at a suitably tactically advantageous position. Devastators do their thing from further back on the board, tank hunter from chapter tactics.

Stormraven delivers the death company and reclusiarch to chop some people up.

Between the raven and hunter I think I should be able to deal with some flyers.

Never played and SM before so all advice is helpful.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'm fairly certain that a teleport homer only works for teleporting deep strikes... ie: Terminators. Drop Pods already don't scatter by their nature. I thought.

I'd flip out the flamers and Gravs in your Sternguard for Combis, since they can use the special ammo.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'm fairly certain that a teleport homer only works for teleporting deep strikes... ie: Terminators. Drop Pods already don't scatter by their nature. I thought.
The first half of this is right, teleport homers only work for terminator armoured deep strikes. The second half is kind of right. Drop pods scatter as normal, but due to Inertial Dampeners if they scatter onto enemies or terrain the reduce the scatter to avoid doom. They still can go off-table and mishap though. Either way those teleport homers are doing nothing so ditch them.

I played my first all IF game yesterday and I gotta say: LC devastators are great right up until you have no more armour to shoot at...and you'll get rid of it quickly :laugh: Since your only air defense is the SR (which will likely fail if it's the only thing you got and you're facing more than one enemy flier) I'd do the second one FMLs. Use the 20 points you saved by shaving off those teleport homers. The frag missiles are also KEY in keeping this squad relevant at range for clearing off enemy objectives towards the end of the game.

As cool as the TH is in the DC, I'd drop it. 30 points for a concussive power fist, and even that you could put on your Reclusiarch for half the points. Aside from that I'd say watch the fuck out for being shot down. If you face anyone that has appropriate flier defense (since 6th is dominated by fliers, depending on you enemy's wallet of course) that SR is going down after it comes in and your DC will perish on anything buy 1's rolled. It's happened to my SR so often I will only play DC in one when I'm playing dual SRs to take the heat off.

In any case, I would drop the TH and put HB sponsons on your SR instead. PotMS is great for strafing infantry units after you put your armour busting shots on an enemy flier. The thought that a squad with 50 attacks on the charge (re-rolls to hit and wound to boot) needs AP2 capabilities is a bit redundant to me.

Hope that helps you some! Sons of Dorn make great allies for BA and vice versa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts