Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i plan on dropping in the dreds far out on the field while my rhinos rush forward whatknot, pretty simple plan. alright please keep the list at 1850 guys and thanks for your time!

okay kantor goes in the pod and the librarian rides in the razorback with the other sternguard.

Pedro Kantor (goes with second sternguard unit)

Master Of the Forge (goes with first sternguard/pod unit)
combi-melta

10 Sternguard (drops in with MoTF)
combi-meltax5, combi-flamerx3
Drop Pod

10 Sternguard (deployed on field, depends)
powerfist,combi-meltax3, combi-flamerx3, misslelauncherx2
Drop Pod

10 Sternguard (deployed on field, depends)
powerfist,combi-meltax3, combi-flamerx3, misslelauncherx2
Drop Pod

IronClad Dred
Drop Pod

IronClad Dred
Drop Pod

5 Scouts
snipers, misslelauncher, camocloaks

5 Scouts
snipers, misslelauncher, camocloaks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You look a little light on ranged anti tank.

Pedro Kantor

9 Sternguard
powerfist, combi-meltax8 I would reduce the combies to 4 (2 flame and 2 melta)
Rhino

Ironclad Dred
chainfist
Drop Pod

Dred
assaultcannon
Drop Pod

10 Tactical Marines
misslelauncher, flamer
Rhino

10 Tactical Marines
misslelauncher, flamer
Rhino

10 Assault Marines
Rhino

10 Vanguard Vetrans
plasmapistolx1, powerswordx5, relicbladex1, jumpacks[/QUOTE]This unit is super expensive. I do not know if it is worth it. I would look at fielding another sternguad squad to take advantage of the scoring units. Or you could equip your assault marines with Jumppacks and use an honor guard instead of the vanguard. Point for point I think they are alot better and about the same cost.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Vanguard are crap, lose them.

Take the full unit of Sternies and Pod them along with 2 Ironclads. Follow up with 2 Tacs in Pods to secure objectives. Fill up the rest of your army with cheap mech and fire support. A Librarian would be very handy.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
As already mentioned in the above posts, i would drop the vanguard. If your running Pedro Kantor in the list then it seems to me that you should have more sternguard. I must agree though, you seem to be very light on ranged anti-tank weaponry. I also believe that the tactical squad needs a bigger impact in close combat. Maybe give each sergeant a powerfist in the squads, definatly some flamers in the assualt squad.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
agreed with all the above, but do something with the assault squad: drop them, give them weapons, trade them out for more Sternguard.

naked assault squads are fail.

good hunting.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay I have taken in all of the suggestions and my list has turned out quite bland but for alot of units I just wasnt getting my points worth. So I've posted my new fully mechanized 1850 list in the first post please let me know what should be done with how the tactical squads are outfitted. Do I have to many of them would something else fair better in their absence?

·
Registered
648 Posts
You need another Pod to make the most of Drop Pod Assault. You can simply give it to one of your objective holding units and drop it in empty.

Powerfists on the 5 man squads don't seem very useful.

I wouldn't take Tacticals when you have scoring Sternguard. Either Pod the Sternies or take 5 in a Razorback and 5 with 2 heavy weapons sitting on your objective. Take Scouts to fill out your minimum troops.

I'd avoid the Vindies since you'll be podding and risking bad scatter to come in on your head. Preds would give you more reach and a MotF could help you get more Elites on the board by fielding Dreads as Heavies.

HQ
Pedro
MotF w/ conversion beamer

Elites
10 Sternguard, 4 combi-meltas, 2 combi-flamers, powerfist, Drop Pod
2x 10 Sternguard, 2 missile launchers, 3 combi-meltas, Drop Pod (deploy it empty and start these guys on the board)

Troops
2x 5 Scouts w/ snipers, camo cloaks, missile launcher

Heavy Support
2x Ironclad w/ Pod

Should be just about 1850

1 - 9 of 9 Posts