Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ

Captain with power weapon, storm bolter, artificer armour, teleport homer, infiltrate
Command squad
Sergeant + 9 space marines all with infiltrate, terminator honours
Sergeant has plasma pistol, powerfist,
2 marines have plasma guns 1 company champion, rest with bolters
458pts

Grey Knight Grand master with 4 Grey Knight terminators 1 with psycannon.
354pts

Troops

Scout squad 1 sergeant 8 scouts all with bolters, 2 with sniper rifles, 1 with missile launcher.

Scout Squad 1 sergeant 5 scouts, Sergeant terminator honours with powerfist and bolt pistol, 5 scouts with bolt pistols and close combat weapons
106pts

Tactical Squad

1 sergant 5 marines all with bolters 1 lascannon

1 sergant 5 marines all with bolters 1 lascannon

1 sergant 4 marines all with bolters 1 lascannon 1 plasmagun

Heavy support

Devastator squad
Sergant 4 marines 4 heavy bolters 1 bolter

·
Registered
42 Posts
That Command Squad lacks punch and is way too expensive. You are paying 41 points a wound for those guys. You know what I can buy for 41 points? A Plague Terminator, which will beat the snot out of one of those Space Marines.

That first Scout squad isn't doing much for you. Drop it down to 6, get 5 with sniper rifles and another one with a heavy bolter or maybe a missile launcher. Use those points to buff up your other Scout squad, or, more importantly, get more boys for you devastator squad.

On that same note, consider swapping heavy bolters for missile launchers for more anti-tank work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
u need an imquisotor to make this list legal first of all

command squads should be 5 man squads with an apothocary
company champion and standard bearer and maybe a sg

all of the guys really should have the same weapon in the scout
squads eg the 1st should all have snipers with heavy weapon
and the 2nd . . . oh its fine sorry

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
wow... where to begin. First off, Slaanesh's Tears... that was horrible advice. Sorry.

You don't need an Inquisitor to take Grey Knights as allies.

The first thing to do with the army list itself is to swap the bolters for bolt pistols and close combat weapons on the command squad. A Command Squad is a close combat powerhouse, and using them in any other capacity is kind of a waste of their abilities. Infiltrate is fine. I'd give the captain a plasma pistol instead of a storm bolter, and definitely a combat shield, but otherwise he's fine.

The scouts look okay, I suppose. I'd get rid of the missile launcher in the first squad, and drop them down to five-strong with a heavy bolter and sniper rifles. The other scout squad would be better at ten-strong.

The Tactical Squads are okay. Nothing special, a bit excessive on the anti-tank stuff, but whatever. You might consider pulling a Tactical Squad out and putting five more guys into the Devastators, as has been mentioned above. They're going to be taking some heavy fire since they're rather pricey, and as an anti-infantry squad, more shots from supporting bolter fire is always good.

·
Registered
154 Posts
agree with most of what the son of horus is saying.
Bp, ccw for the command squad. PP over stormbolter, or just a plain bp.
Sniper scouts are ok if you know your facing mc's, but other than that are limited. but more rifles will help
if anything i'd say he needs more anti-tank but looks ok with what he's got unless u regularly face guys with all 3 hvy supports maxed and armour for the troops.
Dev's need more guys. definately. 6 man with 3 hb's or 8 man with 4 hb's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts