Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have been playing some games over at Golem painting studio with lucas mcabbe as my master, but im new to the game and was struggling a bit so i thought to get lady justice as she seems relatively straight forward.

I have got the crew box painted up, will be getting some photos when I buy some more bases for them. And now I want to expand my crew selection a bit more, so my question is what works well with lady justice, and how do i make the most of them in game?

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
To be honest lady j is a bit of a tank, and doesn't do a huge amount for your crew (obv there is synergy with death Marshall models)
What to expand with? My experience with guild is a bout 1 or 2 games playing with them, against them though, countless.
So i would say an austringer or 2 wouldn't go a miss, some long range fire power in the form of riflemen, maybe pick up ortega box for access to the ortega boys, most specifically Francisco and Nino.
DF 7 and WP 9 lady j is pretty intimidating.
Peacekeeper adds to the threat of beat stick time
A few hounds for objectives, pathfinder with clock work traps to control areas.
To be honest there are no set crews, certain models are better than others at certain strats n schemes, for instance the crew you'd take for reckoning would be radically different to one you would select for stake a claim, squatters rights or even recconoitre.
You might want to get some sort of ca attack element or one that ignores incorporeal at least

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Was discussing this last night at my club...I am still new to Malifaux but getting the hang of it. I have started with the Ortegas and recommend them for fellow noobs as they are forgiving and easyish to learn...But now I am thinking about combos with the Lady Justice crew, and apparently Perdita works very well with death marshalls (pine box ability), and throw in Papa Loco for his ability to boost her shooting attack (dynamite bullets!), and/or perhaps Francisco for his +2 DF boost (I think that would make her DF 9...Scary!).

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Francisco is a nightmare boosting up dita to df and wp 9 and the same for justice, df 7 wp 9
Only issue, timing of movement and placement may dictate too much.
Ninos spotter ability is fantastic esp if you can maximise family member by stocking up on pisteleros, abeula and then shot gun wedding another guy, you can potentially lock down alot of the board early on.
The prob with those box sets, they don't have much to add to a strat like claim jump, they have a lot of killing but struggle with some of the other strats in terms of raw speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts