Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Ever had sleep paralysis with hallucinations? I have 3 times now and that's my creepy experiences nough said.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Only really creepy was many years ago when only me and my step brother was home, we had a fairly large house, and he was sitting down stairs and I was upstairs at the toilet, and all of a sudden some legos moved by them self, and no one had touched them in a few hours. And both of us being young got totally creeped out.
The other one was a few years ago in school when my computer just decided to turn on, no one did anything that might have caused it, no one was near it, and it just turned on, the machine spirit was apparently bored.
Edit: Oh and first we thought it might have been some electric spike that turned it on, but my teacher said that it would never turn just the computer on, but also the screen and speakers I had connected to the same plug. So creepy? Yes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
First of, all the things has happened at my home. I live on a farm surrounded by
A huge Forrest.....yay....

Anyway the first thing happened when I was 12. I was half asleep, when I heard someone walking inside my room. I was scared shitless, but also being very curious, I had to see. So I open my eyes and....nothing....spoookkkyyyyy.

The second time happened when I was 15. Me and one of my friends had a sleep over. I woke up when I heard him talking. He was sleeptalking and was very calm. But then all out of nowhere he started yelling and crying. I tried to wake him up, but that shit didn't work. Then my parents came, and my dad woke him up. We still don't know what happened, and he can't remember.

The third time was recently (im 16). Me and my three siblings was home alone at night. Note: my dogs house, is connected to our house. She (the dog) slept outside, when all of the sudden, she started to bark. I was all, "we live in a Forrest, there's a lot of animals....shes Just barking at some owl or something" but then we heard a loud bang, like something being thrown. She then came running and hide under the bed. We called my parents and they came home. My dad and I walked outside, and found that the table outside (you know those you eat at in the summer, when you're having an bbq) was flipped over.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Not exactly paranormal, just more creepy: I used to live, and my parents still do, on an old mental institution out in the sticks. It was a large mental hospital complex a few decades back, before being left empty for about twenty or so years and then a housing developer refurbished all the old buildings and built new houses to make it into a private estate with lakes, a deer park, etc. When we moved in years ago it was still being developed and built (a process which took about 6+ years) so most of the old buildings were as they had been for the last couple of decades. Only being young we explored all these buildings and found some pretty creepy stuff. Some rooms were completely white tiled - like you see in the old movies - and still contained small medical instruments etc. We found old photographs, letters, and toys amongst the dust and rubble. Most were faded and illegible, but there were black-and-white photographs of families, pets, and the like. I always remember the worst one was a piece of paper that said "help" on it. Pretty creepy stuff when you're only young.

Hearing about what mental treatment and institutions were like in the 70s only made it more creepy.

We could have sworn down that we always heard strange noises and the like, but that was just most likely our imagination.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I live in a place in county Meath in Ireland and just behind my house is a large hill where loads of things have happend. To name a few it's where Halloween started supposely, big battle, suicides and st. Patrick also lit a fire here in defiance of the king at the time on Halloween night. There are also many ring forts and places where mutiple Celtic fortress stood. Anyway this place is haunted, no doubt about, I have heard things I wish I didn't, people have seen this they wish they hadn't and some even have scars to prove it. Also my family seems to be haunted my a Banshee.

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
I live in a place in county Meath in Ireland and just behind my house is a large hill where loads of things have happend. To name a few it's where Halloween started supposely, big battle, suicides and st. Patrick also lit a fire here in defiance of the king at the time on Halloween night. There are also many ring forts and places where mutiple Celtic fortress stood. Anyway this place is haunted, no doubt about, I have heard things I wish I didn't, people have seen this they wish they hadn't and some even have scars to prove it. Also my family seems to be haunted my a Banshee.
I always enjoy a good story of hauntings and creepy phenomenons. Would you be able to go into some more details about things that have been heard or seen, and the Banshee if you're willing to.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I always enjoy a good story of hauntings and creepy phenomenons. Would you be able to go into some more details about things that have been heard or seen, and the Banshee if you're willing to.
Ye no problem. Well one story that we have around my village is of a man from the area travelling from the local town back to my village. To get back he followed the road which goes up to the top of the hill and then back down again. Anyway as he reached the top of the hill he heard a girl crying.

He looked around a saw a girl lying on the ground by the opening of the graveyard on top of the hill. She was crying. So obviously he walked over to see if she was ok. He asked her twice was she ok. Got no answer. So he walked over and placed his hand on her shoulder and asked again if she was ok.

This time she spun around and slashed at his face she then kept slashing and hitting him, tearing into his clothes. So as most of would do he ran down the hill towards my village. The girl chased him all the way down the hill until he reached the secondary gate to the graveyard. She then stopped and that screaming '' never return here this our time, this place is not for the living''.

This was all said in Irish and as my village can speak Irish he understood her and kept running. He ran to the local pub in my village where there were still people at 2:00pm in the morning. ( It is Ireland after all).

Anyway until the day of his death he had the scars of where that girl hit him. This isint a rumor or dream of any sort everyone around her swears by it and the lads in the pub that night swear on it that we came in that door he was ripped up pretty bad. That man never returned to the top of that hill. He always used the back roads from then on. Anyway Ill tell the rest when I have more time on me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well I don't really beleive in ghosts or spirits as usually I can prove why things seem the way they are. Evwen as a Roman Catholic I'm hesitant to label things as "Ghosts, Angels, or Demons."

That being said up a couple of years back I had some nasty nightmares that developed during the course of Basic Training. For a few months afterwards I'd wake up to find myself perched on my bed, or the nightstand next to the bunk; with my K-Bar in hand. One night I woke to find myself on top of the Footlock that held my gear, and naturally I climbed down to my bed. As I did I could have sworn I felt an Ice Cold Hand touch my shoulder; colder than that of a New England Blizzard. I turned and found no one there.......went to bed. A few minutes later I had the same feeling, and launched out of my bed to find no one around. This repeated itself several more times till I fell back to sleep.

The next day I asked around and discovered that a Soldier had supposed died during a "Sock Party," in the late 70's. Creeped me out, but I could never explain that sensation of the Ice Cold hand; and the sinister presence of someone about to do me harm. :scare:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts