Do you struggle to come up with cool basing ideas for your models?
Or, do you have the opposite problem?
Come up with fantastic basing ideas but struggle to create what you imagine?
If you struggle with either then The Weekend Workshop has the idea workshop for you!
For the first time The Weekend Workshop will be teaching you how to create scenic bases and a little more as we will be exploring how you can improve your creative process!
John Harrison will guide you through what will essentially be a 4 weeks online course that will culminate in a 2 day workshop.
But what will the online course cover? What will be included?
• The online course will give you 4 weeks of access to a very experienced and skilled modeller who is well known for his creativity.
• It will give you time to really explore your own creative process along side John as you will both design bases from start to finish.
• You will not only learn about how to create your own bases but those of the other students. The group will be a totally open environment where techniques, materials and ideas will be shared for all to see.
• The online course will conducted via a Facebook group to allow students to share links, ideas and pictures more easily (email for people without Facebook)
• An article written by John that will walk you through the fundamentals of a strong scenic base, his creative process using mind maps, rough sketches and storytelling, how he keeps organised, as well as his favourite places to find inspiration and reference.
• Support, guidance and critique for you to not only design two scenic bases but have knowledge of how to construct them and the materials required to do so.
The online course will finish with a 2 day workshop at the Scythe and Teacup, where, with John’s support, you will build and paint one of your scenic base designs, picking up the practical skills you need to create fantastic bases in the future!
A place at the workshop will cost £100, this includes the 4 weeks course, the 2 day workshop and access to a large collection of modelling materials. A deposit of £45 will be required to book our place, payments can be made via paypal or via bank transfer.
If you would like to attend the online course only then places can be bought for £15. You will have access to John’s basing article as well as his experience and expertise.
If you have ever wanted personalised basing advice for a project you are working on then the online course will be ideal for you!
To book you place or to find our more information you can PM me here on the forum, get in touch via Facebook, or through our site!
if your curious about the type of skills you could pick up, here are some work in progress pictures of John's previous minis!