Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just started collecting a few LOTR miniatures for a weekly campaign event that is going on for a few months and I had a few questions about army composition.

I understand that an army needs to be made of various warbands, and you can ally from different lists provided they are all good or evil.

My current army consists of a Nazghul and some Morannon Orcs. I have also realised that Hunter Orcs from the Hobbit game seem to be superior (+1 attack for -1 defence seems a good trade off in my opinion) and would like to experiment with using the both in my games, (albeit in a very odd looking force) but I am unsure if Hobbit and LOTR armies can be a part of the same army?

Can I use an Azog's Hunters warband with a Mordor Warband in a legal list?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can I use an Azog's Hunters warband with a Mordor Warband in a legal list?
There is nothing stopping you from doing so in the rules. The only limitation is that you need to use a hero from the Azog's Hunters list to lead a Hunter Orc warband. I'd probably take a generic Hunter Orc Captain, as the named characters are all killed before the Nazgul reappear in Middle Earth, but you could take one of the named heroes and just rename him as someone else with the same stats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts