Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , let me explain first.

Local GW is running a Battle Brothers tourney start of next year, here are the rules, if u can call them that.

-Fantasy doubles tourney
-Can only use the contents of one battalion (for me this is WoC)
-One model can be made into a Hero or Lord as your general
-The army doesn't have to meet normal core minimum points, nor does any other area.
-You can make any models through kit bashing into something else from the army book as long as it resembles what it meant to be, and you can only use what comes in the battalion for converting, and units must still meet minimum number rules for units.

So this is what i have planned with what i get in the WoC box:

5 Chaos Knights- will stay as is. After all why change them?!
12 WoC- one has been converted to make a sorcerer lord. the other 11 have been converted to have halberds and will be Chosen.
20 Marauders- will stay, given flails
10 chaos warhounds- looking at keeping 8 as is and thinking about using 2 as steeds for my scratch built warshrine.

What do you guys think? anything else i could do? Just How Disgusting can i make this?

FYI my partner for this is going to get Tomb Kings, and convert the men into:

1 Tomb King
39 Tomb Guard!!!!!!! Yes, you heard me right
8 Horseman
3 Chariots.

Your Thoughts guys. I'll also post some pics when i get a chance.

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Ok , let me explain first.

Local GW is running a Battle Brothers tourney start of next year, here are the rules, if u can call them that.

-Fantasy doubles tourney
so the ailles rules l am guessing
-Can only use the contents of one battalion (for me this is WoC)
uuumm ok very odd as some battalion will have a huge adv over others
-One model can be made into a Hero or Lord as your general
makes sense due to the above rule
-The army doesn't have to meet normal core minimum points, nor does any other area.
well, this is where its get silly as people with eilite armies (like WoC) will have a huge adv over non elite just it point value of the army (someone thaking an army like VC or orc's)

-You can make any models through kit bashing into something else from the army book as long as it resembles what it meant to be, and you can only use what comes in the battalion for converting, and units must still meet minimum number rules for units.

So this is what i have planned with what i get in the WoC box:

5 Chaos Knights- will stay as is. After all why change them?!
give a full banner ect.
12 WoC- one has been converted to make a sorcerer lord. the other 11 have been converted to have halberds and will be Chosen.
might as well give them a good banner the champ the item that helps with the EotG as well
20 Marauders- will stay, given flails
10 chaos warhounds- looking at keeping 8 as is and thinking about using 2 as steeds for my scratch built warshrine.
to be honest this is the most silly tourment l have herad of, due to the fact it can't even at all. OK anyone? (my god the poor lizard men and Sakven players).

Edit: you can sracp all the warhounds and make them it to somthing like a manicore or even a Dragon with greenstuff to give your Lord that extra help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only gets silly really if people are good at kit bashing. for example one guy is planning on taking brets and making 2 trebucets out of the sprues.

Heres my ideas

Sorcerer Lord
- Level 4
- Lore of Tzeentch
- Infernal Puppet
- 3rd Eye of Tzeentch
- Sword of +1 WS, A and S

11 Chosen
-Halberds, Shields
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Full Command
-Favour of the Gods
-Banner of Rage

20 Marauders
-Full Command
-Flails
-Shields
-Mark of Khorne

5 Chaos Knights
-Ensorcelled Weapons
-Shields
-Full Command
-Banner (not sure which)

8 Chaos Warhounds
-Scaly Skin
-Poison Attacks

Chaos Warshrine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quite agree :biggrin:.

I fully appreciate its a bit whacky, but at the same time it helps to level the playing field. good example is the skaven battalion, if it was WYSIWYG, WoC would mash them up quite easily. However this allows the right person with the right frame on mind to maybe scratch build a screaming bell or plague furnace outta the sprue, or maybe a warp lightning cannon or 2.

Another would be the orc and gobbo Battalion, not the best for this format but again with a bit of thought, doom divers, rock lobbas etc.

I think its an interesting set up. pushing yourself to make a special army you normally cannot legally field. it could be really fun.

And afterall, isn't that what it really all about anyway. :so_happy:

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
on the 5 Chaos Knights you can do two things,

1. give them banner which gives AP and MoK (Killy)
2. give the the banner with 5+ ward saves vs shooting + MoT (Tank)

the other thing l thought of is kit bashing to crazy lvs

you can grab all the spare bits, frame, etc garb a blow thouch and melt it to from some Swpan

Swpan (my example below)
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5430

you can also turn the warhounds in to forstaken with some help from green / spare bodies.
Example
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5425/cat/563

1 - 6 of 6 Posts