Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Crazy paint job on this knight

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Serpion5 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
Its the contrast that make the model come alive. The beautiful flat metalics and bright flames against the dull black really does work well. It does look like airbrush work, but brilliant none the less.

#8 ·
great talent , except he painted alot of the flames wrong, dark at the top light at the bottom, other than that looks good, not sure about the skull on the tilt shield but the aquilla in flame on the shoulder pad is awesome , they should have done that on the shield me thinks

#15 ·
great talent , except he painted alot of the flames wrong, dark at the top light at the bottom, other than that looks good,
I would agree about the reversed colors, if the artist was painting "real" fire. Since the figure isn't actually burning, and the flames are just decorations painted on the hull of the machine I can excuse the coloring. Besides, having the lighter color at the edge helps increase the definition of the flames and their definition against the black hull plates.

#10 ·
No wonder no one posts pics on here anymore.
Well people have a right to like it or in the end. A paintjob will always (with no exceptions) have people who like it and people who doesn't - Be it a technically awesome paintjob or not.

Being a guy who has a projectlog on this forum, it is this kind of feedback that is the greatest to be honest. Everyone can say how pretty something is, but it's rare to get actual feedback (such as bitsandkits who actually told what he thought was wrong.)

This is not a weakness of these forums - It's a strength in my opinion. One that we should encourage, as it gives the painters and artists a way of getting constructive feedback - Both positive and negative :)

#11 ·
This would be a cool legion of the damned knight for sure. I agree with B&K the aquilla in flame on the shoulder pad is pure awesome and they should have done that instead of the skull on the front.

#14 ·
Only 9 points in and folk wanting to have a go about honest critisim! I think the painting is fantastic, the flames are stunningly but I disagree with @bitsandkits, I think the flames are darker at the top to show depth, which is a nice touch, do I like the flames no, not personally, do not like flames on cars bikes planes on anything, should I be flogged for this even though I appreciate and praise the skill involved, I think not.

This is Heresy not facebook, you dont just post stuff to get 'likes' then cry when when you do not, my painting is basic at best, and I will rarely offer painting advice due to my ability however I still put it up and take what people say on board, and people will critique you on your skill set. @NoHeresyOnlyTruth I think you are being unfairly critical of the posting, surely we need honest comment and critisism

#19 ·
Play nice kids :)

Anyways, stunning job on that Knight! :good:

#20 ·
The flame technique is spot on, especially considering it's on an almost black background. The contrast makes them stand out extremely well.

In regards to critique, half the reason people should be posting is to receive feedback so they can improve their techniques. People who post and only want positive reviews might as well not post at all. Same goes for fics and homebrew fluff and rules. It's a discussion forum, and it's not a discussion if everyone just agrees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.