Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
The dappling and the lightening patterns on the weapon look great and the white is very smooth, great job. Are you planning on basing it or anything?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to leave it on the flying base at the moment. If I can find a way to do the effect of dirt being pushed outward i'd think about it, as if it was being blasted from above by the anti grav fields. But I don't know how yet. Anyone know how or have some other good ideas for basing?

The army bases will be on a deep green with rocks and flock as if from a verdant jungle type world

I will post another picture hopefully later tonight.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
I agree with Jac about the weapon crystals; very snazzy.

If you want to do a realistic pushed earth look then I suggest pouring some sand into a deep box (to avoid spilling for the next step) then pass a hairdryer part way along it. This will give you a visual for how pressure would move loose soil.

Then build up the base with milliput/green stuff to make the same rough shape, and glue sand over the top.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so the wave serpent is only 90% complete (still need to paint the driver and put on the craft world markings) but I won't get the chance to post pics for a little while from now

Does anyone have a good idea how to do really fine lines? - like writing and small symbols. I was thinking getting a fine permanent marker and using that, my hand isn't steady enough with a brush

P.s. my plan is to tell my transports and squads apart based on the colour of their gens/crests/robes so the serpent and the avengers have the same coloured gems, the next set of avengers and serpent will have green gems!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
For the base, try Dave's idea, but mix up some pva and sand and put it on the base - then blow it hard with the dryer or fan - if you can get it to move then it will hopefully set in the right shape - might be worth experimenting first but something like this should end up with what you are after.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I said updates would be slow, but here is the next unit, yay!!!

Green DAs with a green serpent!

(I also included some more pics of the purple DAs now that they're finished and have a prettier background :D)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts