Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wallo,

Anyone reckon they know what the interior of a craftworld is like?

I've seen the piccies on lex, where theres high towers of wraithbone and the like, but I still can't picture it. Amirite in thinking its just like a flat self contained planet? I read about it having its own biosphere, which would suggest areas of natural terrain.

But who drives the friggin thing? Or does no one drive, it just floats about. And if someone does drive is there like a seperate control room? Whats the economy of a craftworld like? Is there currency and exchange? Or does the economy just happen on the exodite worlds?

I'm having massive difficulty picturing it, and I can't find any decent sources. :headbutt:

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's a large, huge, enormous and even mindbogglingly big space station. It's positively gargantuan.
Artificial gravity, huge open spaces with actual skyscrapers of wraithbone. Plenty of room, clean surroundings, abundant light, pretty much the opposite of a hive city, but still populated on roughly the same scale (not a village).

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I believe a Craftworld is made up many wraithbone domes, or biosphere's, each one colossal and no doubt housing smaller variants dedicated to hobbies such as poetry, art and other peaceful passtimes; or Shrines dedicated to different Aspects of Khaine/The Art of Eldar War. These in turn are linked by conduits for Anti-Grav transports, and function generally as highways/roads etc in comparisson to Imperial infrastructures.

Really, it is far to hard to describe, accurately. Your best option for a sufficient portayel is to read Path of the Warrior, a Black Library novel set upon Craftworld Alaitoc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You know that's a good question, as I have never really been able to paint a concrete picture in my mind of what a Craftworld may look like. Haven't read Gav's new book Path of the Warrior either. So I'm sure that would brighten me up on some of the knowledge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts