Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Sgt. Telion, 10 SM Scouts (leaning towards w/CCW & BP but that might change) and I'm looking to purchase 5 SM Sniper Scouts. The problem I have is I don't know which of my 2 armies I'll use them with, my primary detachment (a purple themed army) or my allied detachment (an orange themed army).

So my solution is to paint them all as covert SM Scouts. I want them to have no distinctive army marking, no purple or orange. That way I can field them with either army. I'm thinking of a black/gray/khaki color combo. The idea that they fade into the shadows no matter where they are and if they're caught by the enemy they give up who they were fighting for.

Any ideas on painting them to fit this convert and army flexibility I'm having?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Paint them like the apothecary. Paint the armor and cloth whatever colors you want but paint one of the shoulder pads with the chapters color and symbol on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Paint them like the apothecary. Paint the armor and cloth whatever colors you want but paint one of the shoulder pads with the chapters color and symbol on it.
So would he paint it purple or orange? :p the point he's making is that he wants to use them with BOTH armies and so can't use either colour scheme.

Personally, I like the idea of a grey-black camo scheme, with your concept of no identifying markings etc.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So would he paint it purple or orange? :p the point he's making is that he wants to use them with BOTH armies and so can't use either colour scheme.

Personally, I like the idea of a grey-black camo scheme, with your concept of no identifying markings etc.
Exactly, kinda like a Black-Ops idea or maybe the Scouts need to earn their way up the ranks until they can have the armies markings/colors.

Someone gave me the idea of putting a magnet under the base so I can tack a removable marker on top of the base with a color marker, purple or orange to show which army they belong to when fielding them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Someone gave me the idea of putting a magnet under the base so I can tack a removable marker on top of the base with a color marker, purple or orange to show which army they belong to when fielding them.
Hmm.. This might be kind of superfluous I think, unless you really wanted to do it. Once the models are on the table, it should be fairly clear who they're fighting for.

The only thing I can think is that if your 2 armies have different basing methods, then maybe magnetise the feet and create 2 bases per model so you can swap them over depending on which army you're fielding.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
You could camoflauge them in line with their bases - i.e if your bases are a sand colour then paint them to blend in. Add extra rocks and cover to your bases to help get the theme across.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts