I have that competition in february with my friend. Here the limits:
-All armies are at least and at best allies of convenience
-No formation of any type
-No lords of war
-No unit duplications
-No allies
-No fortification
-Only 1 base cad are allowed
If you take at least one choice for each slot, then you can duplicate one unit at your choice.

I hate these limits but it's a try from judges to force people to a "normal list".

Here the list:
Iron Warriors
-QG-
Daemon Prince, mot, fleshmetal exoskeleton, wings
Chaos Lord, sigil of corr., power fist votlw
-troop-
24 cultist
2 obliterators votlw
2 obliterators (here's my duplicate) votlw
-elite-
3 terminator, 3 combiplasma, 1 power fist votlw
-fast-
1 Spawn
-heavy-
5 havocs, 4 autocannon. Votlw

The plan: camper a marker with lord in the cultist's unit, use terminators like disctraction carnifexes and make a disaster with others

Is a good idea duplicate obliterators?

My friend still ponder between tyranids and dark angels.
Thanks in advance!

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
All looks good, auto havocs and 4 oblits should make light work of vehicles! I'd split the oblits into single units, they're in the troops slot so you've got the room. This means that you can target more units if necessary, it's harder to kill them all as wounds don't spill over, and they won't be forced to select the same weapon so you have more versatility :) Also, a daemon prince without wings has questionable usability because he's so slow, making him a massive points sink in a 1000 points list, I'd recommend bikers with 2 meltas over him, and then you've got some points elsewhere too :) Maybe give the lord a bike and add him to that unit.

Don't forget to take VoTLW for everyone that can (you get it free), otherwise you won't get the iron warriors benefits!

Hope I've been helpful and not too critical! xD

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for advice! The prince have wings indeed.. just forgot to mention it.
Unfortunately i can not split obli more than that... cause the limits force me to take only different units and i can take ONE duplicate only if i take at least 1 units in every slot type (fast, heavy, elite)

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ahhh I see now, apologies, I missed that part. And wow that's a very restricted game! This list is solid given the restrictions, it should perform well! Good luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts