Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question 1 I think we had right but figured I would ask it since I am typing anyway:)

situation 1: necrons wbb says they take it at the start of the necron turn, in the last game turn there is a unit of troops on an objective and a unit of destroyers is contesting it, the opposition has the last game turn and kills the destroyer unit, hopefully that is clear enough to understand

now to the multi question: since the destroyers aren't actually removed from the board because they would normally get a wbb roll if there was another game turn do they still count as contesting it?
or does the necron player take wbb rolls anyway even though the game is over to determine if they are left alive to contest it?
also what happens if when the destroyers are downed and it drops the necrons below phase out?

situation 2: a space marine captain and his command squad take some wounds all are saved except 1 on the captain, the question is about multi-wound units, under multi wound units in the brb page 26 I think it is( no book on me atm) it says the unit is then fired at again and suffers a wound, this will automatically kill the wounded nob and cannot be allocated to the remaining healthy one

2 part question again: firstly does the captain and his command squad count as a multi wound unit or is this rule just for situation when all/most of the models have multiple wounds like their nobz example?
secondly if the unit gets shot at again does the marine player have to allocate wounds to the captain first since he has already started taking wounds? me and my 2 friends I game with are a bit confused about it

hopefully both the situations and the questions make sense to you guys and you can help shed some light on them

·
Registered
361 Posts
question 1 I think we had right but figured I would ask it since I am typing anyway:)

situation 1: necrons wbb says they take it at the start of the necron turn, in the last game turn there is a unit of troops on an objective and a unit of destroyers is contesting it, the opposition has the last game turn and kills the destroyer unit, hopefully that is clear enough to understand

now to the multi question: since the destroyers aren't actually removed from the board because they would normally get a wbb roll if there was another game turn do they still count as contesting it?
or does the necron player take wbb rolls anyway even though the game is over to determine if they are left alive to contest it?
also what happens if when the destroyers are downed and it drops the necrons below phase out?
Someone may have to correct me on this, but from what I understand of WBB (without ever having play with or against Necrons) the Destroyers would not count as contesting and since it was the last turn the Necron player would not be able to get a WBB roll for them. The opponent would hold the objective.

situation 2: a space marine captain and his command squad take some wounds all are saved except 1 on the captain, the question is about multi-wound units, under multi wound units in the brb page 26 I think it is( no book on me atm) it says the unit is then fired at again and suffers a wound, this will automatically kill the wounded nob and cannot be allocated to the remaining healthy one

2 part question again: firstly does the captain and his command squad count as a multi wound unit or is this rule just for situation when all/most of the models have multiple wounds like their nobz example?
secondly if the unit gets shot at again does the marine player have to allocate wounds to the captain first since he has already started taking wounds? me and my 2 friends I game with are a bit confused about it
No. A multi wound unit has multiple models with more than one wound. You would not have to allocate wounds to the captain unless called for by standard allocation rules (i.e. every model in the squad has to take one wound before any model can be assigned two wounds).

hopefully both the situations and the questions make sense to you guys and you can help shed some light on them
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
here is a trick i started doin when i played necrons when it gave to WBB all models that are laying down are dead for all intensive purposes until they make there roll.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with the above.

Necrons who await WBB-rolls in the beginning of their own phase (whether it's the game's last turn or not!) is for all intents and purposes, except said WBB-rolls, counted as dead, off table, non-existant. That said, you do not suffer Phase Out in the middle of a turn just because it's the last one of the game. :)

And multiwound units like the Nobs described in the rulebook actually need to be identical in statline and equipment to suffer from the "kill one model off before allocating wounds to others". Which means that unless you run two identical captains, or have other multiwound models in the same unit, you can allocate wounds freely as per standard rules.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome the necrons answer is exactly what i was expecting tbh just had that horrible little doubt in the back of my mind so thanks for clearing that up, and the captain with his command squad is also helpful our marine player will be happy to hear it

thanks for the info guys helpful as always on this forum

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts

Necrons that are "down" awaiting the WBB roll do not count for anything in-game. Phase Out is only ever calculated at the beginning of the Necron turn, after WBB roills are made. They do not get WBB at the end of the game either.

The rules state that "whole models" must be removed where possible, so a wounded Captain would not have to die from later wounds. Other squad members have single wounds and may be removed as a "whole model". The Captain would only suffer wounds that are allocated to him befor saves were rolled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts