Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey heresy, just a couple of clarifications.

How far could you drive a regular rhino and use a psychic ability. How about a shooting psychic ability?

Can you use a force weapon in your opponents turn if you cast a psychic ability during your turn?

Thanks,

·
Registered
496 Posts
oi think its any distance for normal phsycic abilitys and for shotting atatcks its as far as you can normaly move and shoot with a normal ranged weapon

as for the force staff thing, you can only do it if you can cast more the one power per turn

IE: you can cast two powers per turn, you cast a shooting power then charge, you can then use your force weapons because you still have a phsycic power left to cast that turn

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Hey heresy, just a couple of clarifications.

How far could you drive a regular rhino and use a psychic ability. How about a shooting psychic ability?

Can you use a force weapon in your opponents turn if you cast a psychic ability during your turn?

Thanks,
1) any distance if its a non-shooting power. 6" if it's a shooting power, as it counts as shooting a weapon.

2) yes. You may use 1 psychic power per turn. In the beginning of the book (forget page no.), it explains that "turn" means "player turn", except where specified. So you get one power per player turn, which means one power in both your turn and your opponents turn.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oi think its any distance for normal phsycic abilitys and for shotting atatcks its as far as you can normaly move and shoot with a normal ranged weapon

as for the force staff thing, you can only do it if you can cast more the one power per turn

IE: you can cast two powers per turn, you cast a shooting power then charge, you can then use your force weapons because you still have a phsycic power left to cast that turn
I figured as much for the psychic abilities.

For the staff, what I mean was; what if its now their turn. I used a psychic ability on my turn, can I force weapon now that its their turn?

·
Registered
496 Posts
dam you lysdexia (lol xD)

mad got it right as far as i know

turn means player turn not game turn (unless it says game turn :eek:)

you can also cast some other powers in your enemys turn (IE Warptime for chaos) when if you casted them inm your turn

so yay for you :3

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

1 -Dempnds on the type of ability. Yolu can use any psychic power that isn't a shooting attack from within a rhino or toehr tank (unless otherwise stated). Shooting psychic attacks have the normal shooting rules fo you can move 6" a shoot upto 2 shoots out of the rhinos hatch or 12" if it's Fast (like the Blood Angles one)

2 - You can use upto X powers per turn. This is only that turn as with rules like Furious charge. It means that yes you can use your force weapon as well as some psychic powers which allow this such as Might of the Anciants and Sanguine Shield which speciafically say they can be used turing your oppoents turn.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
ok now I have a question. I have a farseer with spirit stones. On my turn I cast mindwar and guide. Does that mean on his turn I can cast fortune and Doom?

or On my turn I cast mindwar and guide and thats it until my next turn?

If I only cast one ability on my turn can I cast one on his thats not a shooting ability?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Armoro is correct on this one. Check the rules for Eldar psychic powers - they are used at the start of the Eldar turn, unless otherwise specified - that means no casting in the opponents turn.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
1 -Dempnds on the type of ability. Yolu can use any psychic power that isn't a shooting attack from within a rhino or toehr tank (unless otherwise stated). Shooting psychic attacks have the normal shooting rules fo you can move 6" a shoot upto 2 shoots out of the rhinos hatch or 12" if it's Fast (like the Blood Angles one)
No, any movement over 6" prevents an embarked unit from shooting. Doesn't matter if the vehicle is fast or not, an embarked unit still may not shoot if the vehicle moves more than 6". The fact that the vehicle is able to shoot when it moves over 6" has no bearing on whether or not the embarked unit can fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts